Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Marvel Legends

Postby Freddie: » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 am

Off topic, kinda but I was out hunting for Marvel Universe figures this past weekend and I saw what looked like entire cases of 6 inch scale Star Wars Black sitting, rotting in all of the stores I visited; 2 Toys R Us, 2 Wal-Marts and 3 Targets. Target has them on sale which was a bad sign early on for the Young Justice line. Unfortunately they are using the usual method of piece-mealing out the A list characters.

Anyhow, I mention this because most of us were/are speculating Star Wars Black was/is going to defy the market and be a huge success because of the brand. It appears to be following the same pattern as other 6 inch scale figures, the collector's have their way with them and Mom says no thanks, I'll buy two 4 inch figures for that price. It would be a shame if the line ended before we saw, Obi-Wan, A New Hope Leia, C-3PO, Chewy, A New Hope Luke, Classic Stormtroopers and Vader at the very least.

RIP 6 inch scale!
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Marvel Legends

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 am

I hope for the best but fear for the worst...my Target is currently loaded with SW Black Wave 1 and I'm scared I may never see Wave 2 (best bet is Xmas) but Wave 3 will be tough to come by I'm thinking.

Ask/listen to any toy company and they all say the same thing: rising production/freight costs are causing them to rethink their strategies; and that's why I agree that my cherished 6" scale line of figures are coming closer and closer to oblivion.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Previous

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion