Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Legends

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Legends-Logo.jpg

Went to H.Hound last weekend, and picked up 2013 wave 2 Jean Grey, Wrecker, Black Panther, and Hawkeye. All pretty good figures, I am pleased. That Heroic Age Avengers is lookin nice, And I was so glad to FINALLY have a jean grey with my 90s Xmen. The 616 is billy diesel in 2013!!!!!!!
Last edited by AcidDragon on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Just me again, with the logos. :)
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Re: Marvel Legends

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm afraid that now DC Universe Classics is on break, I might resort to collecting Marvel Legends... The problem is that I am already running out of space and my entire Marvel Universe collection is in tubs right now. If I take on another 6" line, I'm going to be buried in toys. :smummm: I already have a few like MODOK, Galactus, Man-Thing and Blackheart but those were mainly because they scale fine with Marvel Universe.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:40 pm

I've bought a few of these from Toy Biz and Hasbro...never been a big fan of the articulation or joint choices and have used a couple for customs but I'd prefer DCUC stylizing over ML any day
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Same here, I've always found something particularly gangly looking about the Marvel Legends stuff. Honestly, the DCUC stuff looks like they took comic book artwork from the best artists and sculpted it in 3D and then cut it into pieces to make the figure buck and it looks really sharp.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Marvel Legends are great but after DCUC came around I realized just how inhuman and ugly some of them look. I'm still looking for the Rocket Raccoon wave but figure they won't show up at retail anytime soon with the glut of Draxeses, Iron Men, and ironically, Hope clogging pegs. And I really don't want them bad enough to pay online prices. Really became a little less excited fir them after seeing the ugly Songbird they were releasing. She was my biggest want, and the costume and head sculpt are terrible IMO.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Oh DCUC is by far the best, but ive always had a fondness for legends. Some of the toy biz figures are horrible, and the early hasbro waves left a little to be desired. But I think the figures since the relaunch have been top notch. And with the exception of hit monkey the BAFs have been stellar. Terrax, Zola, Rocket raccoon?!!! Those are great.

I was bummed about songbird, and equally as bummed about moonstone. They have been doin great with gettin the dark avengers, and then no ms. marvel variant?? I know its all about the the thunderbolts and then the Masters of Evil in but come on?!!! lol, other than that, its been cool.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Haha where as Ms. Marvel had 3 variants in Marvel Universe's 3.75" line but no Moonstone. :smummm:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Went to H.Hound last weekend, and picked up 2013 wave 2 Jean Grey, Wrecker, Black Panther, and Hawkeye. All pretty good figures, I am pleased. That Heroic Age Avengers is lookin nice, And I was so glad to FINALLY have a jean grey with my 90s Xmen. The 616 is billy diesel in 2013!!!!!!!

I'm so jealous! Everytime the retail stores in my area restock ML, they just get a case full of old figures again like Drax, Constrictor and Klaw. None of the comic shops in my area carry Marvel Legends and since I don't want to buy a whole case just to get the few figures I want I will no doubt miss out on these figures. I broke down and bought a Modern Hawkeye on evilbay, but that was only because I was able to get him for about the same price as retail. I never even saw the Epic Heroes (figure stand) wave in KC.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Thats a bummer. When I was still Michigan, they had really only the Iron Man from the epic heroes wave. I still havent seen the variants from that wave, ever.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Thats a bummer. When I was still Michigan, they had really only the Iron Man from the epic heroes wave. I still havent seen the variants from that wave, ever.

I haven't seen anyone review them on youtube and the guy who runs http://marvellegends.net/ doesn't seem to have them, so I don't think they were ever released. I think the running change figures should just be slotted in later waves. I doubt most of them will ever show up around here. The Rogue, Emma and the Jean Grey variants will probably be impossible to find.

Another thing that aggravates me is that Jubilee is going to be a B-A-F instead of just a regular figure. I know she's not everyone's favorite but she would have sold just fine as a regular figure in the wave, especially since there's never been a 6 inch scale version of her before.

I have money that I would love to spend on ML figures, but Hasbro doesn't make them very accessible to fans. :batsad:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion