Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Universe

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Universe

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 am

Marvel-Universe-Logo.jpg

Anyone else collect the Hasbro 3.75" line on here.? :smgrin: Besides DCUC and MOTUC, this is the only line I collect completionist style.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Marvel Universe

Postby beastovjudgement » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:08 am

I was going full-complete for a few years, but have now scaled back massively. I sold off the majority of my collection, and am now only buying select villains. I recently got Mysterio and Rhino, which are both great figures.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:20 am

I'm thinking of selling off my characters that've gotten revisions like the old hulks, the old Rhino, Daredevil, Bullseye, etc. One thing Hasbro does that makes me upset is when they do a new version of a character like Daredevil with awesome articulation in the two pack with Bullseye but then release Shadowland Daredevil using the inferior Captain Marvel body... :smroll:

2pkdaredevil_bullseye.jpg

2090358-daredevilsl_super.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Aw man. Full completist for awhile with these guys. I got out of Star Wars around the time MU debuted, so they just took over. But when Hasbro started tossing up lousy characters like Darkhawk, Scarlet Spider, and Namor (I know, I know, I just hate him), along with 8,000,000 Iron Men, I decided to drop back to just X-Men characters and a select few others (Guardians of the Galaxy, FF, Spidey foes). My collection is nowhere near as obscure as DCUC gets, but I still have trouble explaining characters like Gladiator and Squirrelpool to my friends.

Really, MU is the reason I never dove into Matty's DCIH. Seriously, even looking at my earlier figures like Hulk, Cap, and Silver Surfer, versus my lonely, lonely IH Batman figure...wow, I know Hasbro had time to master the formula for 3" figures, but there was really no excuse for the travesty that was DCIH when MU was on the market.

Ooh, and I finally managed to score a Jubilee figure!
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:43 pm

I kind of calmed down a bit on the whole completionist thing when Catbeast came out. I hate that figure. I can't believe they did tons of new tooling just to make that figure when classic blue Beast is still needing to be made. Even when they made the X-Factor giftset, it wasn't done with a Beast included. :smroll: I skipped Catbeast and I'm not going to buy any more stupid variants unless they're absolutely essential to me. Thankfully I got the Masters of Evil box so I'm skipping Zemo and Captain America. I caved in on the SDCC Taco Truck, too. It's sooo dumb but I figured whatever. The Champion is in it and I have a soft spot for that character as shown in my old comics thread.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:22 pm

Guh, I hate that Catbeast figure so much. I've been waiting patiently for the classic Beast, or at least a First appearance version, but they seem intent to leave us with that awful thing. Honestly, I'd even take an Avengers Beast (his most recent appearance) at this point. You're right on about the ridiculous amount of tooling, though. I know people pretend The 'Bro doesn't reuse parts, but MU has A TON of reuse. And when they do a mostly-new figure, it's the less-popular version of Beast.

I assume he'll make it out before the line goes under, though. They're kind of scraping the bottom-of-the-barrel as far as X-Men go, now that Jubes is in the can. Beast is really the last big name, besides Emma and Magik.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Yeah and we're getting Emma (not sure about Magik) soon I think I recall seeing her listed in SDCC stills, am I right? You were there, Caleb! I depend on you for this stuff!!!
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddie: » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:58 am

I have a good majority of the Marvel Universe figures, other than the X-men characters I've stayed away from the "redo's". With the line slowing down and becoming an Avengers line I'm worried about the last couple of MU figures shown at San Diego. The Elektra wave has been impossible for me to find at retail in NJ. Hopefully the Dagger wave and everything announced after it will be released (she looks to me like she could be the best female of the line). The 2 and 3 packs seem to be deader than dead at all the retailers I see them at (Toys R Us and Walmart). I doubt we're ever going to see the Ant-Man/Moon Knight 2 pack unless they redo it for the Avengers line let alone the X-Men set with Emma and the Thor set with Valkyrie.

I really want the Deadpool SDCC set but I don't want to donate organs to get it and those boxed sets seem to hold their value so I doubt I'll be adding it to my collection any time soon.

Hasbro has done a great job getting females released but it looks like the Storm/Psylocke wave REALLY derailed the line. Releasing Storm in her current (at the time) costume and since Psylocke was just an ugly Jean Grey repaint they sat forever. I'm surprised that Hercules became a peg warmer. Nighthawk made a little more sense, even though his costume is really cool and he has never been made in plastic, the Mom's and children don't recognize him.

It will be interesting to see how they get the last bit of stuff out to the fans.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Caleb » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:11 pm

ha, man, I wish I got to go to SDCC this year. Had to cancel last minute, thanks to a work conference where I got to share a hotel room with a guy who thought Taco Bell was one of the five food groups.

Anyhoo, I just checked into the MU presentation. Yeah, Emma was revealed in a multi-pack with Jugg! Cool! I mean, with the way the 3-packs stagnate at Wally around here, I'll probably have to go online for her. But still, it's nice to see that she'll be in the line before it shifts over to Avengers Assemble. Now if only I could just find Cloak and Dagger...maybe Elektra. I get the feeling that those last few waves are gonna be rough to come by.

Nothing on Magik, though! Man, if the doors close on this line and we've got Puck, Radioactive Man, and Dark Hawkeye before Magik, I'll be a little miffed. Ah, well...at least Omega Red's coming!
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:24 pm

I have a smattering of these figs...most are good sculpts, unlike wolverine...why can't they get him right? Although the best one so far is his first app (Hulk 180-dont care what the graders say!) look...

They're all together with my Toy Biz Training Center...just imaging if most of these sculpts were bumped up to 6"?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion