Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Possible Marvel Legends waves

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Possible Marvel Legends waves

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Diamondback for any new Cap wave. Make it so.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:47 am

Yeah, I'm expecting a second Cap Civil War wave. I wouldn't be surprised to see Diamondback, because they seem to be gradually filling in the Serpent Society.

Dr. Strange wave will probably be there. Hoping that Nico gets confirmed.

I think there's supposed to be an X-Men wave revealed soon, if I recall. There's been some leaks from some fairly trusted sources. The rumored list is:
- Phoenix
- Havok
- Cable
- Iceman
- Kitty Pryde
- Deadpool
- Wolverine (possibly X-23)
- Rogue
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:39 am

That's a strong wave. We need a better Kitty Pryde for sure. And female Wolvie has a cool look. Depending on the costumes for the others. Jus hopefully not another TRU exclusive. That was a nightmare to most. Luckily someone tipped me off that the Jubes wave was showing up and was able to get a Storm figure on hold at a local store. Never once saw her on the pegs before or after that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:04 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:That's a strong wave. We need a better Kitty Pryde for sure. And female Wolvie has a cool look. Depending on the costumes for the others. Jus hopefully not another TRU exclusive. That was a nightmare to most. Luckily someone tipped me off that the Jubes wave was showing up and was able to get a Storm figure on hold at a local store. Never once saw her on the pegs before or after that.

That Jubilee X-men wave was real limited, compared to the Winter Soldier wave that came out around the same time. Sure looks like the infamous X-men/FF edict in play, from where I sit. Storm was especially rare in that wave. I still hope they do a classic Storm someday.

One thing I like that Hasbro is doing is how they salt they waves with classic characters--and more specifically characters from around appearances in the first Marvel Universe Handbook. Someone like Blizzard, for example.......total throw-in 2nd-stringer villain........but he's right from that time-period. I just love it.
I hope they keep on doing stuff like this.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Yeah, Blizzard was a nice surprise even though he fits with the Thunderbolts (and yet, still no Songbird). Can't wait for Whirlwind, either, long overdue.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:31 am

Oh man, I'm really, really waiting on that Songbird. I got really into Thunderbolts and not having her's a drag.

Did they ever release that White Phoenix? That would likely be her in the X-Men wave. Curious about what Kitty Pryde costume they're going with - I wouldn't be surprised if it's her new GotG look.

Ken, Agent 13 Sharon Carter's gonna be in the first Cap: Civil War wave that got shown at NYCC back in the fall. I think they're doing a split between her and Mockingbird?

If they show a second Civil War wave a Peggy Carter would be rad.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:49 am

I want a Songbird so bad, but I hate the short-hair look they were going with. Would probably have to swap it if they ever released her. I was actually okay with it not being released because it was pretty fugly--not just the head, but the whole costume they chose from the darker navy to the lack of white on the legs.
This is so much better. I'd honestlyrather not get her and have the hope that they re-do her down the line than have that one thrown out.
ImageImage

I'd love to see Kitty in her Shadowcat look, but other than that her more recent looks haven't been anything memorable. Wish they'd revisit the 80's Australia/Inferno X-men. We so need a Dazzler, and I always liked her Inferno look with the leather jacket, even if that's a little Rogue-ish now. Would give an extra use for a jacket mold though.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Yeah, that's a good point - I had forgotten how weak that Songbird was. Maybe they'll revise at least the face sculpt and paint apps. Of course, I'm not fond of the Liefeldian metal gauntlets and neck guard either. It's distinctly Stryfe-ish.

I'd love a Dazzler, but I lean more towards the disco/glam look. Inferno one's pretty well-known, though, especially since it appeared in the old X-Men arcade game. I could see them going either way.

Kitty's another one who could go in plenty of directions. I'm guessing Star-Lord Kitty, because it's her current look and it's more reuse of the upcoming Jim Lee Rogue jacket. Plus, GotG is bank, and they'll probably want a bit of crossover appeal in the series. It might anger some X-fans, but since there's no consensus on what Kitty look people want, just that she needs a new figure, it's gonna be diffuse.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:26 am

Something I forgot: back at NYCC they showed a Nuke that's gonna be part of Cap: Civil War wave 2.

Also, here's a rumored Spider-man wave:
Miles Spider-man, Civilian Peter, Silk, Shocker, Electro, Barton Spider-girl + BAF
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 am

Thought I'd heard MJ as well. Can't have civilian Pete without MJ (unless you're a BAF Joe Quesada). Either way that'd be a nice wave. Don't really care about Miles, plus didn't they put him out as part of one of the Spiderman movies?

I'd be happy with any Dazzler except the current travesty they have her looking like.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion