Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Possible Marvel Legends waves

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Possible Marvel Legends waves

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:44 am

I'd be fine with a basic Wonder Man but a safari jacket version would be pretty cool. Not sure who else you could make besides Brian Fellows but it'd be something new for fodder options too.

I've no interest in movie figures but Witch does look good and I have no qualms adding her to the fodder bins.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:03 am

If it is the Safari-jacket Wonderman, I'm in, and if Captain Britain is the first appearance look--w/ the sceptre--I'm DEFINTELY in.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:03 am

I will pay so much money for a Brian Fellows figure. Just so much.

This is a pretty nothing wave for me, but it's definitely filling some collection gaps for people.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:27 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:I will pay so much money for a Brian Fellows figure. Just so much.

No you wouldn't. I would. I'm Brian Fellows.

Seriously, throw a Black Series Finn head on him and you're 80% there.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:05 pm

So word on the street is the X-men Wave BAF is Juggernaut (yay) and the Spider-man Wave BAF is Space Venom (boo). Space Venom? Seriously? WTH? Getting quickly Venom'd out here. Juggernaut is great since the ToyBiz one is knuckle-dragging ugly, and honestly, I think the TB Apocalypse is just fine (the standard not the BAF version).

But Space Venom?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:38 pm

Space Venom???? Good lord, if you're gonna give us a "space" anything make it a being of cosmic significance like...

Uatu
Firelord
Nova (female version)
GoTG (Original Team)
Super Skrull

ANY of those would be preferable...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:53 pm

I can't ever see them packing Uatu's giant head in a package. The Marvel Select one is damn near perfect anyway. The rest would all be awesome. The next Marvel Legends custom I make will probably be a Frankie Raye Nova. I actually bought an old ToyBiz Silver Surfer cartoon Nova figure from the early oughts thinking I might be able to use the head for her. But the whole figure is vac metal-ish plastic, and the head doesn't have a peg just a swivel, and because of the type of plastic I don't think it's possible. Will try someday. At least painting would be simple. She's a pretty easy figure for Hasbro to make, too. So many great cosmic figures need to be made, the Inhumans, Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard, a new Mar-vell, Starjammers, original Guardians, Phyla-Vell, Adam warlock (Magus variant), Firelord...would be never ending.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Yeah, there's loads of cosmic Marvel characters still waiting. Uatu was a great figure that could have been improved with one addition: joints at the legs. As is, he's hard to stand because he's top-heavy.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:30 pm

I'm not a fan of Marvel Select, but I did buy a few back in the day I didn't thank ToyBiz/Hasbro would ever get to, Uatua, Cloak & Dagger, Mephisto, and Thanos. For me they're all really well done, except Dagger could've been a little smaller. I haven't unpacked them in a few years though, so I don't remember an issue with Uatu's legs, but always used the base as far as I recall.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:37 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I'm not a fan of Marvel Select, but I did buy a few back in the day I didn't thank ToyBiz/Hasbro would ever get to, Uatua, Cloak & Dagger, Mephisto, and Thanos. For me they're all really well done, except Dagger could've been a little smaller. I haven't unpacked them in a few years though, so I don't remember an issue with Uatu's legs, but always used the base as far as I recall.

I missed out on Mephisto ( would still like to get him), bought and then years later sold off Thanos for the ML BAF Thanos ( I don't have the threat of the Infinity Gauntlet anymore, oh well), and have Uatu, but.......the BEST Marvel Select figure I've seen/have.........is Ultron.

Classic look, POAs as good as a Hasbro ML figure and a look that is pretty darn close to Hasbro's stuff--plus he works just fine for scale. Toy Biz or Hasbro have never done ( for some bizarre reason) a truly classic Ultron, and yet have done all kinds of weird spin-off variations of the look.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion