Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

NECA (Chris Reeve) SUPERMAN

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

NECA (Chris Reeve) SUPERMAN

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Looks like NECA is at it again but this time it's with the original and best Man of Steel, Christopher Reeve as Supes.

This is merely for the 18" version (up for pre-order at BBTS for $99.99), like what they did with the Keaton Batman. He looks alright, but there's something in the face/hair thats missing: Reeve's character and his hair is way too tall! What, is he gonna break out to a Brian Setzer Orchestra song?

I kid, but am a little serious at the same time....hope they fix this on the final version.

So long story short, I'll be waiting for the drama around the 7" rendition to occur just like it did with Keaton and get that one.
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: NECA (Chris Reeve) SUPERMAN

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Close up of angry face...

What do you guys think?
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:05 pm

This is 1/2 the original price of the Hot Toys Superman, and 6" taller. I'd need to see it in-hand before I buy because the way the head is posed makes him look menacing. I'd rather get the Hot Toys Superman, but my wife would slot me.

Of course, if they make a 7" figure, I'd sooooooooooo get that.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:06 pm

The close-up of the face is a bit less angry than the full-body shot, but still somewhat "too angry". I'm still iffy on this one....
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:33 am

i'm very disappointed in this and I heard about this from a dear friend of mine and I wanting to have one of these and the face of Chris Reeve here is not to my satisfaction and therefore I will not invest $100 on this.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:18 am

Clearly this is the evil Chris Reeve Superman of Superman III... :smwink:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Avalon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:57 pm

^ That actually makes me want it even less. :smlol:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles