Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Sideshow Collectibles Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

Sideshow Collectibles Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:53 pm

I'm usually not a big fan of this look for Catwoman but I have to admit that Sideshow Collectibles executed it magnificently. I especially like that you can tell it's a cloth costume as a lot of times in figures, it looks like a leather outfit and I'm not sure if it was intended to be. Her face looks gorgeous.

Does anyone own this figure? I own other Sideshow figures but they're all from their older Universal Monster line. These DC figures seem a lot steeper in price but appear to come with more accessories and the faces look more detailed. Don't get me wrong, I've never been disappointed with a Sideshow figure except maybe for the fact that the sleeves ride up on Frankenstein's Monster revealing the cheap glossy plastic fleshtone arms underneath. Is it worth the near $200 price tag...?
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sideshow Collectibles Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:05 am

I have a few 12 inch Sideshow Star Wars figures that were given to me as gifts and I really never liked them. I've got the The Bespin Han Solo, Farmboy Luke and A New Hope Leia from the Heroes of the Rebellion line and they all seem pretty shoddy. I've fussed with them a hundred times and I can never get the clothes to look right, the plastics they used for weapons and accessories is brittle and breaks very easily and the color choices and paint applications leave a lot to be desired. The head sculpts all seem a little off to me, of course that wouldn't be as big a problem for DC Comics figures since they aren't trying to capture the likeness of any actors. I've noticed that a lot of the Sideshow Star Wars don't hold their value like some other brands of 12 inch figures do. Hopefully, they have improved their products since they released the SW figures like the ones I have.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:26 pm

The face looks like it has some Pfeiffer inspiration. I have some of the older figures and wasn't impressed with some of the heads but some were spot on. I think consistency is a big problem. This figure looks like a big step in the right direction tho.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:28 am

This looks beautiful!! The heads are a large improvement from Sideshow's older offerings. Price has gone up to match. :wwlol:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles