Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Ring of Honor Figures!?

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Ring of Honor Figures!?

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Odd news here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ring-h ... nsing-deal

Baltimore, MD (October 28, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling® (ROH) and Figures Toy Company today announced a licensing agreement to develop, market and manufacture a line of collectible figures and accessories based on the wrestlers and world of Ring of Honor Wrestling.

For the first time ever, Ring of Honor fans will be able to collect their favorite ROH wrestlers while younger fans can relive classic ROH matches and moments with some of ROH’s most popular stars now available in toy form. This will include a “throwback” line of figures as well as replica title belts.

“There’s been an overwhelming demand for a line of Ring of Honor figures and collectibles,” states Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff. “Figures Toy Company has exceptional expertise in developing high quality goods. It’s really a fabulous opportunity for Ring of Honor and its fans.”

Ring of Honor will reveal the ROH Series 1 line of figures exclusively at: www.ROHwrestling.com shortly.

About Figures Toy Company:
Figures Toy Company is a premier manufacturer of officially licensed collectible figures based on the hottest sports and entertainment properties in the world. Figures Toy Company has the rights to Ring of Honor as well as several other global entertainment brands including: KISS, DC Comics, Conan the Barbarian, Dallas, Dukes of Hazzard and Gilligan’s Island among others. For further information, visit http://figurestoycompany.com.

About Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC:
Ring of Honor Wrestling is owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., the largest and one of the most diversified television broadcasting companies with affiliations across all the major networks. Sinclair's television group will reach approximately 38.1% of U.S. television households, including pending transactions.

Follow ROH on Twitter: @RingofHonor

Like ROH at: Facebook.com/RingofHonor

For more information on Ring of Honor, visit: www.ROHwrestling.com.

Check your local listings to see where you can watch Ring of Honor TV each and every week or subscribe and watch online at: www.ROHWrestling.com.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Ring of Honor Figures!?

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Not sure where to begin with this one. An indie wrestling company years after its peak signs up to make figures with a toy company that specializes in Mego revival stuff. I hope it works out (and they'll probably sell fine over at Ringside Collectibles), but no male wrestler on ROH's roster is really must-have to me.

Now, if this was a line of SHIMMER figures, and they were telling me I could get Havok and Cheerleader Melissa, then I'd steal the deed to my parents' house to finance the line.

Curious what format these are going to take. I'd have to imagine the smart move's going to be making these as similar to Mattel WWE as possible.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:09 am

Well, their legends figures from years ago were pretty good but in order to be as good as Mattel's their gonna have to step up IMO. The Briscos, Adam Cole, Michael Elgin and Mschief, A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian would all be great provided they are made accurately!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:39 pm

MsChif is an awesome example of a figure I'd want, because she has a great look, and even a signature color (the intense green she dyes her hair with and has in her costumes). That's the thing for me: a lot of the male RoH dudes have pretty unspectacular looks. Wrestling needs more bright colors these days, anyway. Black tights or street clothes work for some guys, but everyone wants to do that.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Reminds me of when every wrestler wore street clothes. I would love some ROH figures, though. Chris Daniels would be on my list.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:58 am

Yeah, RoH's timing on this is pretty solid, because now they have access to decently well-known guys that were formerly under TNA contract like Styles, Daniels, and Kazarian. The big coup they should be looking for, now that he's retired, is CM Punk; he owns his name and likeness rights, so maybe he'd be willing to cut a deal. At the very least it'd probably annoy the WWE, and I'm sure that would amuse him.

Also, Veda Scott action figure or SWL riots.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles