Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

CBS Supergirl TV Series!!!

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

CBS Supergirl TV Series!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:57 pm

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CBS Supergirl TV Series!!!

Postby Illiasc » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:13 pm

My oh my, talk about DC Show jackpot lately! The crew of writer/producer is interesting, hmm. I truly wonder how it will end up. How dark and serious will it be versus colorful and light. (kind of crazy at least for me to imagine Supergirl in something as gritty and dark as Arrow or Gotham's approach - Also, I doubt CBS would go that way.) I also wonder how many characters they'll throw in. Smallville did quite an amazing job of giving a lot of DC characters at least an episode's appearance, with quite the likeness to their comic counterparts. I've hardly read anything on Supergirl other than her appearances in major stories that weren't centered on her, and mostly just know her from animated shows, so, I'm pretty interested in and new to whatever a Supergirl show might bring me. It being CBS too is pretty interesting as well.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Incredible! ... thanks for sharing this piece of information Acid ... I have never, ever, dreamed of seeing waves, and waves of Superheroes on Television today in my lifetime.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:03 am

So...Kara's getting combined with Linda to sound like the latest Heroine announced to join the MCU (supposedly Carol shows up in Age of Ultron before the Captain Marvel film)? Seems forced.
I'm optimistic, though. Not a fan of Berlanti on his own or with Guggenheim, but I LOVED No Ordinary Family, so a partnership with Alison Adler shows promise. I do wish John Harmon Feldman, was involved, too,
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:17 am

Oh wow, I wasn't even aware they both did No Ordinary Family. I absolutely loved that show!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:00 am

They are going to have to cast an actress who is both a great actress and is a beautiful young blonde or at least she has to wear a wig like Linda. Hair needs to be blonde. Supergirl is one of my all time favorite characters and they cannot do anything to jeopardize this. Please no long build up. Give her the iconic S costume and name quickly. We had over ten years of the civilian clothed blur/streak/hood name teasing. Even with the Flash, everyone has a name except Barry. If Firestorm gets a name before Barry ditches the Streak nickname I wont be impressed.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:53 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-melissa-benoist-glee-whiplash-754208

This is my favorite part: "She's still pretty, but with her face hidden behind glasses and her hair pulled back, she doesn't know it herself." :smroll:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Huh... Oh, she donned a cape on Glee. That makes perfect sense why she was the top choice. :smlol: Actually, I don't know if she's any good or not but she might be. That excerpt Griffin pulled from the article is cheesy as all hell, though.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Detective Supergirl: http://www.avclub.com/article/cbs-supergirl-will-be-crime-procedural-obviously-213738
I really hope there's a bit of exaggeration there, but somehow I doubt it, because it is CBS. I'm picturing a superpowered Veronica Mars at the moment.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

CSI: Metropolis!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies