Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Brandon's Collection HUGE M.A.R.S. Heroes on 12/3!!

The central catch all topic for your collections! Share all of your awesome collections/display setups that you've built and see what others have put together!

Re: Brandon's Collection #1 KING KONG Konami & X-PLUS on 10/

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:48 am

Gamera Memorial Box Set!

It was over 10 years ago (really?????) that I had acquired the very special 1999 Gamera Memorial Box Set made by Bandai from a now defunct Kaiju web store. During and before that time I had an obsession on trying to acquire a great Godzilla Kaiju collection which was very difficult to do and afford. As you know by now from viewing other topics that I created on this board, I am a huge Japanese Monster buff and have been since I was little. Godzilla has always been #1 with Me but the number 2 spot belongs to Gamera.

Well, I was unable to acquire The absolutely huge Godzilla Memorial Box Set due to it being extremely scarce and insanely expensive nor any of Bandai's other vinyl Kaiju figures due to the same reasons but thank goodness I was able to obtain the legendary Gamera Memorial Box Set. It was $80 bucks but it was literally hundreds of dollars less than the Godzilla set thus making it a great deal in not only value but for a very fun set for memories and the like.

Now, ALL of these figures are Bandai reproductions of the original 8" vinyl figures from the 90s and are still vinyl, has the traditional book-card pinned to the figure, all sport tremendous sculpting, nice painting and a decent amount of articulation and range from 5" to 8". The figures consist of Gamera and all of his major foes from the Showa era :shock: Without further-ado, take a gander at the pics of one of My most prized possessions of all :!:

-------------------------------------------------

The Box: Note how movie poster-esque it is!

ImageImage

Gamera: He has a different body, pose and color compared to the original Bandai figure.

Gyaos: He is painted much different the original.

Barugon: He has a totally different pain scheme compared to the original, to this day, I still don't know why they opted this choice :?:

Jaiger/Monster X: She has a much better paint job and her horns are painted realistically this time. NOTE: She is My favorite Gamera Kaiju of all and always has been!

ImageImageImageImage
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Brandon's Collection #1 Gamera Bandai on 11/11!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:48 am

Guiron: His paint has only been slightly changed,

ImageImageImage

Viras: I believe he is nearly identical to the original.

Zigra: The original figure had leg-fins where this version has feet, IMO it is more accurate to the reality of the film because that is how the monster suit really was.

Group Shot: I think the scale size of them all is pretty good.

That is all for, thanks for looking :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:18 am

Brandon - A big thanks for sharing these impressive photos and I'm a big fan of these big monsters that Japan created in the early 60's ... Gamera is one of my favorites!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:47 am

Doctor Fate wrote:Brandon - A big thanks for sharing these impressive photos and I'm a big fan of these big monsters that Japan created in the early 60's ... Gamera is one of my favorites!

Thanks dude :D I am so glad that you like them, even to this day they are some of My most favorite figures of all!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Truly awesome figures! Clearly I've not seen enough Godzilla, because some of those I've never heard of before. They're crazy cool though.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Thanks dude, I appreciate that very much :) Oh, more monsters coming soon :blbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Well, years ago thankfully I was able to obtain the very highly rare and hard to find Gamera figures by Konami! They just don't make great video games but also awesome figures as well, check out My King Kong Konami figures earlier in the My collection for instance

These Gamera figures consist of three series', one Heisei, one Showa, and one Millennium. They are fragile but sculpted extremely well! All look very authentic and the Shows versions look a bit different as they are redesigned to look more serious and realistic. Without further delay, check them out!

Series 1 (Heisei Era)

Packaging

Gamera 99

Firearm Gamera

Flying Gamera

Gyaos

Legion Soldier

Legion Mother

Irys

Battles & Group Shots!

ImageImageImage

Comparison with Konami King Kong & Bandai Godzilla Complete Works

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Brandon's Collection #1 KONAMI Gamera on 11/19!!

Series 2 (Showa Era): NOTE: please see My Gamera Memorial Box Set that I had posted earlier in My collection to see how much the designs were changed![/url]

[b]Packaging[/b]

Gamera

Gyaos

Space Gyaos

Jaiger

Barugon

Guiron

Viras

Zigra

Battle!!!!!!

Group Shot!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Series 3 (Millennium Era)

Packaging

Assembly

Toto

Gamera 06

Gamera

Fire Gamera

Gyaos 06

Zedus

Battles!!

ImageImageImage

Group Shot!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:50 pm

KONAMI Special Pics!

Gamera through the Ages!

The Evolution of Gyaos!

The Villains of Gamera!

Thanks so much for checking this out, more great stuff to come soon :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Collections