Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Constantine Goes To NBC

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

Re: Constantine Goes To NBC

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:11 pm

****, that was good. It wasn't perfect, but tonight's episode was easily the best so far. I'm not holding my breath for an uptick in quality, though; the episode was originally shot second, but they held it back so they could introduce Zed sooner.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:21 am

Unless this show really turns itself around or miraculously reinvents itself to be an actual Hellblazer tv show, there will be no more critiques or discussion from me about ConstanTEEN.
I'll simply let this convey my thoughts about tonight's episode:
:jcsmh:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:28 am

Also...
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20326356_20879083,00.html#30260953
I haven't watched the other shows on their list, but I can't say I disagree with this at all.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:10 am

It really says a lot that I Wanna Marry Harry is only #5. I really enjoyed last week's episode and ithink I know why. I started watching this week's and Zed was on and my mind started wandering. I don't think I like her character. I dont think she adds anything that the show really needs. I much preferred last week's when it was just John doing his thing
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Skullmaster » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Oh. I have actually been really enjoying the last few episodes. Even the cheesy ones and Feast For A Friend except I felt less sympathy for the guy in the comic than I did in the show.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby S. Griffin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Skullmaster wrote:...Feast For A Friend...I felt less sympathy for the guy in the comic than I did in the show.

That's because the show ****ed up. Shouldn't be sympathy for Gary.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:40 am

oh yeh I agree man. Gaz was a total blowout in the comic even in the way he was illustrated giving the story an entirely different feel. the guy had no redeeming qualities and the exorcism he performed he did not care about the boy at all. it was all about himself. an all round selfish piece of ****. I still thought the episode was okay for what it was but it did not capture the tone of that first story at allllllll. might have been cool too to have some of his dead comrades from his Swamp Thing appearances haunt him giving more context to his whole people around him die. I mean they threw Baron Winter and the Medusa Mask in there anyway so why not? it made sense too to have John and Papa Voodoo perform the ritual together. it was what the 4th epsiode, good place to introduce him instead of the vinyl episode maybe. What are everyones thoughts???
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Well not every comic turned TV show will be exactly like the books, there will always be some liberties taken with characters etc. With that being said I am enjoying the series... remember 1st seasons tend to run a little slow and then build towards the end to get excitement for season 2. I'm pretty sure we will get there...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Skullmaster » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Yep I get that just that in this case I think the comic book version's story was better in a lot of ways but yeh, I like this show for the most part. Agents of SHIELD was very slow and rough around the corners too until a later so I am happy to wait this one out and see if it finds its groove.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:01 pm

Hmmm!
Spoiler:
Felix Faust
was on Constantine tonight. Interesting.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

PreviousNext

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies