Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

10/03/14 Matty Collector DC Universe Update

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: 10/03/14 Matty Collector DC Universe Update

Postby Truwe » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:22 pm

WOW!!! This guy gets it and, literally, worded what every customer is thinking.

I really wonder if anyone at DC or WB is watching what is happening here and thinking, "Man, we really should have not upped their contract to sell our property."?

I know the Multiverse stuff is selling but I find it hard to believe that it is selling as well as the DCUC did in it's prime. Since the Superheroes line, I would never see a full wave in any store but I see multiples of every character in stores of the Multiverse. It really does remind me when Hasbro tried doing just their 3.75" Universe and it peg warmed only to bring back Legends. I don't think Mattel is smart enough to do this because they have other lines that are making them money.

If I was DC or WB, I would be pissed. Every toy section I walk into is DOMINATED by Marvel merchandise. I heard people saying it's because of all the Marvel movies in theaters but I don't buy it. For every non movie DC item, there is two or three non movie Marvel items to appeal to kids all the way up to adult collectors.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:16 am

I agree, Mattel isn't that smart and though I'm a DC guy through and through, Marvel has almost always marketed their properties better than DC did...you could find Marvel stuff everywhere in every facet.

When I was a smaller kid, DC did dominate the toy aisles, but Marvel excelled everywhere else
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:29 am

On the upside (for me anyways), I FINALLY was contacted by Mattel regarding Doomsday and this is what I received:

If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your recent order, which contained the Doomsday figure. Delivery of Doomsday is currently delayed due to a strike at the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. The strike ended at the end of November, however, there is still a backup in unloading shipping containers and distributing product. Please know that we are in daily contact with our shipping partners and actively working to get your product to you.

In the meantime, we have begun shipping partial orders without the Doomsday figure, as follows:

Shipment of all December subscription orders
Shipment of all Cyber Monday orders
Shipment of all non-subscription December orders
Doomsday will then be shipped separately, at no additional cost to you, as soon as we receive him. Though this situation is beyond our control, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We realize this doesn't make the situation any easier and want you to know that we are doing everything in our power to get you your order as quickly as possible.

As always, we appreciate you being a MattyCollector.com customer. If you have any questions or need help, just call Customer Service at 1-877-GO-MATTY or email MattyCollector.CS@digitalriver.com.

So, at least I know my order is still in their system....
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:02 am

That sounds promising that they will be shipping Cyber Monday orders minus Doomsday, and then Doomsday at a later date. Of course this is Digital River/Mattel I can see them messing this up.

It still sucks it's taken them this long to ship out Cyber Monday items. I bought a few items for my nephews at that time thinking I would have plenty of time to get them before Christmas.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Webslinger » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Yeah, even with Matty stating you'll receive everything by Christmas is a load of hooey!!! Why didn't they start shipping out customer orders earlier is what I'd like to know...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:53 pm

It's because they're drama queens...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Or better yet, they're "a bunch of lolly gaggers"!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Well color me surprised I got a shipping notice for the items that I purchased on Cyber Monday minus the extra Doomsday, and they kept my free shipping on the order.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:02 pm

What color do you want?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel