Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Some of my art.

Post your cool drawings and stories. Share your talent with the community!

Some of my art.

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:43 am

Hi everyone. As requested, here's some recent samples of my artwork from various sources.
They are pieces from this past year and have seen publication/use. I'm currently working on storyboards for a web-series called "Don't Feed the Humans"--which can be viewed on Youtube. The episodes I've 'boarded are currently in the production pipeline and should be aired later this year.
I have other art-pieces on the go on my desk as well, and will post those as they get wrapped up over time, but for now......here's some stuff....

First off is a pin-up done for a local comic shop magazine called PUNCH, this was on the back cover of issue #3.
This one is pencil & ink, on bristol, coloured in Photoshop.

This one is a illustration for an in-store ad promoting a how-to-draw class I was privileged to teach.
Pencil & ink, on bristol

And here is a variant blank cover pencil & ink drawing I did for the same store, for a charity auction.
This was tricky to do because the comic needed to be kept as clean as possible

Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Re: Some of my art.

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Incredible Ken! ... Loved the Hanna Barbara Picture!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Same, that Hanna Barbara pic is awesome!!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:22 pm

That's a sweet Spidey!! Great idea to draw on a blank cover!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Wow, this stuff blows my mind, Ken!!! I love all the different styles you do.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Illiasc » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 pm

That's some absolutely beautiful work, Ken!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 pm

Thank you all for the comments.

Here's a few other items:

The Hanna-Barbera pin-up was on the back cover of PUNCH #3, a fan magazine published by Amazing Stories, a Saskatoon, Saskatchewan comic book store ( and a Shuster award nominee for best comic store in Canada) The cover is also a work of mine in a collaboration with a colleague, Jordan Ratzlaff who painted it. This image is Jordan's digital paints over my scanned pencil layout and concept.

Now, there were some changes made along the way, which Jordan made with my blessings. Here's the original pencil rough:

One of the items from PUNCH is a on-going series of articles, featuring a shameless caricature of myself as the character of "Toy King", the mascot of the articles on toy-collecting. In the latest issue, Toy King has a bit of a run in with another toy celebrity:

...and continuing to poke fun at myself in PUNCH, and in those self-same articles Toy King takes on some "different" flavours....

Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Ken Davis - You are too talented and you should share your art to DC Comics immediately and get a job there. Your Art is way better than half or 2/3 of art that I see over there. Man, you are so TALENTED ... THANKS FOR SHARING IT.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Yeah really, this is really amazing artwork. It's a real privilege to have an industry professional share his artwork on here, Ken!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Wow Ken. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us. Are the latter pieces your own style that you came up with? It looks very familiar to me, I have the feeling that I've seen your work all over the place! :pagrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to Fan-Art & Fan-Fiction