Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Agent Carter

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Agent Carter

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 pm

Anyone see this series yet? I'm watching the pilot now and so far, it's sadly underwhelming...poor acting, fight scenes are terrible and plot is insanely dumb.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Agent Carter

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:49 pm

I've got it recorded. It's two hours long?? I thought it was a movie. So it's a special two hour event to kickstart the mini-series, I guess. :pagrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:26 pm

I have, and I wasn't thrilled by the script, the action was okay, but I wished they done it a whole a lot better - I expecting a good show but this show lacks substance and I was little disappointed in Hayley Atwell's performance and I've give the show a marginal grade for the mundane acting that I just saw.

Grade D plus to C minus. Barely Passable for an Action Show.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:22 am

I liked it enough to keep watching, it seems like it is more story than anything else. It seems like it is just giving us back story in the aftermath of her losing Steve Rogers and a world with no Captain America. She is a founding member of S.H.I.E.L.D. if memory serves me.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:38 am

Been sitting on the DVR for a week. Haven't watched it yet.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:52 pm

I thought there was no realhook, but I've read that the series is going to veer into places that no-one is expecting. The writing of this show has the benefits of the current first half of season 2 of Agents of SHIELD to bolster it, so I expect there to be some significant twists and turns coming.

And really, thinking about the show itself.........it's set in the past for a reason. In that it's backstory intended to lay foundations for stuff that SHIELD has yet to uncover.
But the first episode was.......not-quite-lacklustre, but it didn't stand-out either. I'll watch and wait and see.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:07 pm

I hated it. The extra long special was a chore to get through and I found myself zoning out at times. That being said, I'll probably watch the rest. I pretty much hated AoS when it debuted and now I love it so who knows?
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Avalon wrote:I hated it. The extra long special was a chore to get through and I found myself zoning out at times. That being said, I'll probably watch the rest. I pretty much hated AoS when it debuted and now I love it so who knows?

The extra hour that made it worst - I agree with you Avalon!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Well this next episode is supposed to have the Howling Commandos in it so it should be pretty decent, just hope it doesn't lose it's momentum. The first 2 hour episode was a little lengthy and drawn out.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:32 pm

Webslinger wrote:Well this next episode is supposed to have the Howling Commandos in it so it should be pretty decent, just hope it doesn't lose it's momentum. The first 2 hour episode was a little lengthy and drawn out.

I love the Howling Commandos - thanks for this piece of info here. Webslinger! :spgrin:

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Return to Marvel Media