Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Huntress

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

DC Club Infinite Earths Huntress

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Anyone get her yet? What's she like?? :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Huntress

Postby Strathaar » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:28 pm

Just took mine outta the box. She stands well, good paint apps, no loose joints. Crossbow is a little large for the figure and doesn't fit terribly well. You have to position it just right under her armpit, rather than hold it the way you would actually hold a crossbow that Huntress has. It's formed mainly like a great war crossbow from the 1300s rather than what she'd wear on a holster. Otherwise she looks great.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:58 am

Idk, I really wasnt impressed with mine. Her face was a little weird and the paint job overall was ok. It just seems like there was to much going on, and it didnt come out well. Her crossbow looks like its a fruit snack. Lol, It was just an underwhelming figure, especially for such a great character.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:05 am

Yeah, the hair looks a bit like melted black Jujubes to me in the photos. Thankfully I have more than on coming so I'll likely resculpt the hair on one and probably do a repaint on the other that doesn't have the flesh showing on the thighs and the midriff. I'm just happy I'll be getting her for my Bat shelf finally.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 am

The bummer for me is that the open part of her stomach, the paint isnt really good, so it kinda looks like she has a hairy stomach, which is gross.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:46 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:The bummer for me is that the open part of her stomach, the paint isnt really good, so it kinda looks like she has a hairy stomach, which is gross.

She is Italian. Hey bada-bing!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm looking forward to mine but as of the 12th, there is no new tracking info on her...not liking this outcome Magic :batrage: 8-ball!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:I'm looking forward to mine but as of the 12th, there is no new tracking info on her...not liking this outcome Magic :batrage: 8-ball!

That happened to Fire with me. She got to NJ on the post office tracking but Mattel had her listed as arrived at my local PO. Called the PO and it turns out they don't handle the figures until they arrive in town, until then it's a third party shipping company. My Fire eventually arrived a week or so late.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Yeah, but this is the first time that I've never had any tracking info for anything...usually takes 5-7 days to reach me from Canadian customs...just weird
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:53 pm

You don't have any tracking? Mine tracked across the US stopping in multiple places until it got to NJ, then it went off the grid for a week before suddenly appearing locally. It kind of makes me wonder about this third-party shipped and Mattel's high shipping cost. I can ship the same box for about $5-$6 through UPS, I wonder if Mattel shipped straight through UPS if that would've cost less? I'd never mention that on the mattyforum though because the fruitcakes would come out of the woodwork again and I'm honestly hoping they just go away.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel