Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

This is what Mattel ditched DCUC for?!?

Topics include figures inspired by Batman the Animated Series, the Justice League Unlimited figure series by Mattel, the Young Justice action figure series, Beware the Batman and much more!

This is what Mattel ditched DCUC for?!?

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:31 pm

"Debuting May 12th, "Batman: Unlimited" will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD, as well as, 22 two minute shorts and a companion app based on the accompanying toy line. The first direct-to-homevideo movie, "Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts", features "Batman, the Flash, Red Robin, Nightwing and Green Arrow as they face off against super villain, the Penguin, while introducing cyber animals as new foes. A sequel film will be released around the second half of 2015." The "Batman: Unlimited" action figures should be available soon.
(Variety)"
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: This is what Mattel ditched DCUC for?!?

Postby Avalon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Hahaha. I guess it's "interesting". I don't know. I'm always dumping on new shows and new toy lines and then I end up kind of liking them so I'm just going to keep my ears and eyes open and see what they do with it. I think Mattel pretty much already replaced DCUC for DC Total Heroes. This looks more like it's an attempt at expanding the existing Batman Evergreen line up (the logos are the same).
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Retailers want it fresh, and so to networks. The stuff.....especially animated cartoons seldom last more than a season or two these days, mostly because unless the show is very well-rated, second and follow-up seasons usually have to be done for less money. That means it's harder to find and keep studios doing them.
Retailers like "all-new" stuff because if a toy-line even smells like it's selling soft, they get really reluctant to order it.
Just the oft-bizarre politics of entertainment and commerce.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:57 am

Well I usually buy the animated movies/tv series but I can safely say that Mattel/Warner/DC won't be getting any of my money for this crap. It's targeted mainly for small children, have they forgotten us collectors?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:09 am

Cyber animals, sweet! said no one.

I was just talking to a friend the other day, and ironically enough I said to him that Batman doesn't face nearly enough cyber animals.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Here I thought I was the only one hoping for cyber animals. We're birds of a feather.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Return to DC Animated Universe Figure Lines