Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

It's Official: Marvel and Sony to basically share Spider-Man

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Re: It's Official: Marvel and Sony to basically share Spider

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:14 am

Yeah, I wondering when it would get the official word. Glad to (hopefully) see him in Civil War, his personal struggles during that cross over was the most interesting to me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:23 am

Now the speculation for the Age of Ultron end-credits scene busts WIDE open. :)

Oh, this is great, GREAT news. Looking forward to what comes out of this.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:12 pm

As great as news as this is, I am REALLY hoping they don't shoehorn him into his first MU film...use him properly and do it right
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:46 pm

My guess is because it's known he's going to appear at some point, they'll ease him and his presence in in steps.

Might start with a off-hand comment about a " Spider-guy, in New York City"---maybe from Coulson on Agent's of SHIELD, and then maybe an end-credit scene in one of the movies before Civil War, and then an appearance in Civil war itself, with a segue into his own next film.
I'd bet dollars to donuts now that in-jokes and sight gags for Spidey, the Daily Bugle et al will start appearing soon, because those things, as much as character appearances, place him in the Universe at large. A quick conversion of a building on the background to an Oscorp tower and boom, instant placement, and the tapestry starts weaving.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:As great as news as this is, I am REALLY hoping they don't shoehorn him into his first MU film...use him properly and do it right

I'm kinda of skeptical about this because I feel that Marvel is really messing up with Spider-Man more ways than one. I agree with Idiot Savant here concerning that they don't shoehorn him in his first Marvel Universe film. The problem with Spider-Man franchise that they haven't made a memorable movie since Tobey Maquire left the series in 2007. That's how I feel about Spider-Man - The Movies that is. I just don't trust Sony at all.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Yeah man and the third movie was memorable for all the wrong reasons as far as I'm concerned. :batlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Marvel Media