Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

So Secret Six is coming back!

Talk comic books with other fans whether it's the latest New 52 material or some good old classics!

Re: So Secret Six is coming back!

Postby Skullmaster » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Nice! Thanks, SG. With that in mind, I'll just wait until Dec and get Secret Six when it hits rack, then.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm willing to give Simone a chance, but the missing characters, and "Saw"-like opening premise leaves me less excited than when this was first hinted at. After two years I came the see the New52 to he, at is best a poor redundancy of pre-FP, and I'm dreading this will be another beloved DC property that will be a shallow copy of its predecessor like the JSA book.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:32 am

Yeah, pretty much par for the course. Did not care for the first issue much at all. Just call the damn book something else, "DC Saw" or something. Blah. Need to go reread some old issues to wash this out of my memory.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 am

Please, tell me Scandal is back, for the love of Grodd.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 am

Nope, not yet at least. And to some degree I'm actually happy she's not in this. I'd rather Jeannette, Scandal, and Rags don't get pulled into this. Hell, keep Floyd in the terrible Suicide Squad. The less this looks like the old Secret Six the less likely I'll be tempted to drop more money on toilet paper. The dialogue is pretty awful at points. Catman threatens to "spray" someone in their face so that "they know who they belong too" (ugh). It's all Simone characters, though ones I care nothing about. If you thought the preview looked like Saw then there's really no need to read this tripe unless you enjoy the feeling of regret. Hell, the only thing missing from the last page was a mini-tricycle.

Spoiler:
The characters so far are the now blatantly bi-sexual claustrophobic Catmanverinertooth(bad things happen when he's caged--oooooooh, groan), Strix(yawn), not Black Alice, female Ventriloquist (I think her dummy counts as one of the Six--or maybe I'm the dummy for hoping for too much?), and some guy named Big Shot who I think is new and will probably die soon

Though, come to think of it there was an unidentified brunette in the opening that could be Scandal. I pray I'm wrong.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Yeeesh!

Wait, are you referring to the tan woman with the short hair? I'm reading that's Porcelain.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:47 am

Anyone else read this? Curious of others opinions.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:01 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Anyone else read this? Curious of others opinions.

I will be going to my Comic Book Store tomorrow and I'll share either on Saturday and/or Sunday my thoughts about it. Stay Tuned.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:30 pm

I read the first issue and liked it for the most part. The art sucks, and so far it's not as fun as the old series, but I thought it was still pretty good in general. Picked up issue 2, and it was just awful.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Two was horrible. Art was awfuller. Seems to be trying too hard to be funny and edgy. Not caring for any of the characters, Catman especially. Ventriloquist is ok. Big Shot, I don't know. Maybe it'll get better but I haven't been impressed with either issue.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Comics