Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Teen Titans Go figures hitting retail...

Topics include figures inspired by Batman the Animated Series, the Justice League Unlimited figure series by Mattel, the Young Justice action figure series, Beware the Batman and much more!

Teen Titans Go figures hitting retail...

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:37 pm

These are hitting Toys R Us now according to Action Figure Insider.

PVC set:

Robin 5 inch:

Cyborg 5 inch:

There are some plush figures as well, and I guess even larger figures hitting soon.

I'll be getting both Robins for me, and the entire PVC set for the daughter (TTG is her favorite show). Might try to hit up my terrible, terrible TRU this week...
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Re: Teen Titans Go figures hitting retail...

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 am

Um... WANT! :wwshock:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:08 am

Wait... isn’t that the Jazwares logo?? :batshock:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:59 pm

I was happy to finally get a Silkie to go with my Titans since he was planned for the scrapped Bandai last wave of figures that featured the Doom Patrol. That said I could care less otherwise. Jazzwares will follow the same pattern that Bandai did and have very limited releases of Raven & Starfire. I wonder why Mattel passed on these, the earlier Bandai Titans stuff was hugely popular and quite successful (they were released at the end of my retail career when I worked for Toys R Us, boy I miss those days).
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Bought Robin today from the 5 inch line. Pretty poorly made toy. If you can even get his joints to bend, the paint comes right off them. His hands are too small to even hold the staff he came with (and the paint came off his fingers when I tried).

Hope the PVC set is better. I didn't see it at the store, but my daughter really wants it.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Meh. I loved the old Teen Titans show because it had great animation and a good mix of humor and action. Teen Titans Go only plays for laughs and the animation looks just like a hundred other modern cartoon shows. It's good if it helps kids become interested in comics and stuff, but it doesn't really appeal to me.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:28 pm

That doesn't give me much hope. I'm looking at the PVC set but I'm a little worried. Jazwares doesn't exactly have a great track record for toy quality, either. I think they look great, though. I bought the PVC Tiny Titans set, too. I love it. Even the box art is cool with Tiny Titans Slade driving the bus. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Yeah, I bought the Tiny Titans set, too. Although I'm only keeping Robin from it and selling the others. Great set overall, though (except for the cheap sticker on the base). My daughter has her own set and still plays with it often. Especially Beast Boy (who she loves just from his appearances on Teen Titans Go).

I actually really dig the new cartoon. I think it's great to switch up the format, and it's nice to see comic book characters not being grim and gritty all the time. Wish the comics would try a few titles like that now and again.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeah I've also really been digging the DC shorts they've been playing on CN as well. The Atom one looks like it could be its own full lengthed show. The Plastic Man ones are just hilarious. I also really like the crazy Batman ones that take place in China. I'm glad they're doing interesting things with their less popular properties as well.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Robin and Cyborg 5 inch are up on TRU's website. So is an 8 inch Cyborg and the plushies. No sign of the PVC set yet.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to DC Animated Universe Figure Lines