Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Hook Aquaman Teased

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Hook Aquaman Teased

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:18 am

Birdnose think Grundy's soul is waiting for him?
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:46 am

S. Griffin wrote:Birdnose think Grundy's soul is waiting for him?

Oh damn you, Griffin!! :mksad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DTW » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic about hook-hand Aquaman, but it would be a real, real disappointment if the other figures didn't also see the light of day at some point. Especially Ice...to have Fire without Ice is just sad.
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:11 pm

If Glimmer is the February figure for MOTUC and, as Scott said in the video, she is too far along to change her skirt-tunic thingy I think that it is safe to assume that Ice was at the very least tooled. I think Scott is trying to, as he says, manage expectations and not lead anyone to believe something that is not yet set in stone. He's been burned too many times and had to learn eventually. If the DCUC subscription went thru as planned they would have had to have had Ice in production by now to meet a February ship date so I think we'll see her. Aquaman was the January figure, that's most likely why Scott has a packaged sample of him. It's not a tease in my opinion, it's more of a "Fear not guys they're coming" without having to commit to it.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby loolar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 pm

AcidDragon wrote:
S. Griffin wrote:Birdnose think Grundy's soul is waiting for him?

Oh damn you, Griffin!! :mksad:

That episode is great, but Wake the Dead is the one that really had me stunned at how good animated writing could be. Written by the great Dwayne McDuffie, so not surprising. After Shayera reminds John about Old Yeller, I couldn't believe they would do it. But then, when Shayera goes down into the sewer and gently tells Grundy to close his eyes... I actually teared up. Needed Kleenex and everything.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel