Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Transformers Masterpiece Line

Everybody's favourite robots in disguise... GOBOTS! Just kidding.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Line

Postby beastovjudgement » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:29 pm

I like Skywarp's color scheme the best, but Thundercracker is my favorite character out of the jets. My favorite TF character overall is Shockwave (Marvel and IDW versions). It is a little annoying having the remold Thundercracker with the old style Skywarp and Starscream, but I am not so put off as to replace any with the too-expensive Takara versions. Paying $25 each for SW and SS, and $40 for TC, makes the inconsistency fully bearable. The only Takara I bought is Megatron, solely because Hasbro will never domestically issue a realistic gun toy. I am in the minority, according to Internet consensus, but I find Hasbro's Masterpieces to be of much better quality plastic than Takara's. if such a thing were conceivable, I would buy a Hasbro MP Megatron in a second.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:44 am

Breaking News from BigBadToyStore - You Heard it Here First!

The next release in Takara’s Masterpiece Series will be the MP-22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus with Trailer - ‘Perfect Edition’!

Ultra Magnus will be based off the updated MP-10 Convoy mold and will at last come with an all new fully functional trailer that will combine with the Ultra Magnus cab for the ultimate display piece! Please note that the pricing is not yet finalized and may be reduced later.

Item Size: Approximately 12 inches

No pictures yet, but this guy is gonna look tough, can't wait to see him!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 am

Forgot to add that the current BBTS price is $279.99 (subject to change) and due out in August 2014
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby beastovjudgement » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Masterpiece Ultra Magnus is certain to be great. I may pick one up if there is a Hasbro reissue at some point, which would likely be in the $130 - $150 range. I am hoping a few of the Masterpiece cars receive a domestic release as well. It is probable; every Masterpiece thus far with the exception of Megatron (due to US toy gun laws) has had a Hasbro version. I had $20 store credit and a coupon, and I ended up buying a second Masterpiece Soundwave on a whim. I don't actually need two, and I really don't know why I did it, apart from it being such an awesome toy.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:11 am

I've been playing a little catchup with the MP line the last several months. Takara went a little crazy with the pricing for a while and drove me away from the line. There was no way I was going to pay $300 for MP-10 Optimus Prime. I think when Hasbro released him for $100 it helped Takara see the light. Now that they have come down a lot I've started back collecting the MP line. I also say the 3rd party figures my have helped lower Takara's prices as well.

I just got my Masterpiece Wheeljack in mail yesterday and it looks awesome.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Cool, olds. How does he look scale-wise with the rest of the mid-sized MPs? I'm thinking of adding him to my collection, too, with Bumblebee and a couple of others.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:54 am

OneNineSix wrote:Cool, olds. How does he look scale-wise with the rest of the mid-sized MPs? I'm thinking of adding him to my collection, too, with Bumblebee and a couple of others.

Wheeljack is an awesome figure, and looks great next to the other MP car-bots.

I'm not usually up to sticker up my MP figures, but a while back Reprolabels was running a special where you could get their stickers for him for a penny. For that pice I couldn't pass them up.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:08 pm

My last two Masterpiece figures that I purchased was MP-21 Bumblebee and MP-22 Ultra Magnus the smallest and biggest figure in the new MP scale. I have to say that both are great figures.

I was a little disappointed at first that Magnus wasn't an armored up Prime, but he wasn't in the Cartoon. He is an awesome looking figure. I really hope that Takara will make Galvatron soon the Cons are really outnumbers and it would be nice to have their Season 3 leader.

Oh and if I do decide that I would like a white Prime/Magnus there is actually a company making high-end MP Prime and they just released white Magnus version.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:51 am

Here are some pictures of my Masterpiece figures.
MP-Autobots-04.jpg
MP-Autobots-03.jpg
MP-Autobots-02.jpg
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:56 am

Group shots...
MP-Autobots-01.jpg
MP-Cons-01.jpg
1987olds442