Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Warbotron's - (Unofficial Combiners)

Everybody's favourite robots in disguise... GOBOTS! Just kidding.

Re: Warbotron's WB01 - (Unofficial Bruticus)

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:02 am

I'm so looking forward to having all five of these. Right now I have Blast Off and Brawl, but I have Vortex and Swindle on the way.

For now I have Blast Off and Brawl displayed with Universe Onslaught.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 pm

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:06 pm

See? Why can't they make these figures this simply awesome in the movies?!? Damn you Michael Bay!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Templar Punk » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:22 pm

Wow Olds I didn't know you were so into bots like that bro.

I do like the size and overall shape (one big bot) of the new Warbotron Bruticus, but I think the figure is over saturated with too much industrial details to mix well with the other 3rd party combiners. Even so, it's still one BAMF. I like it over the fanspro but I'm gonna wait to see if any other designers are going to take a crack at it.
Templar Punk
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:39 pm

Man, this is one of the most badass looking third party gestalts I've seen. I'm really looking forward to updating my G1 collection and the combiners were always a favourite of mine.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:40 am

Idiot Savant wrote:See? Why can't they make these figures this simply awesome in the movies?!? Damn you Michael Bay!

Agreed :smgrin: I really don't get why they can't designs similar to these for the movies. Bay-formers robots look like piles of junk from a salvage yard got up and started walking around.
Templar Punk wrote:Wow Olds I didn't know you were so into bots like that bro.

I do like the size and overall shape (one big bot) of the new Warbotron Bruticus, but I think the figure is over saturated with too much industrial details to mix well with the other 3rd party combiners. Even so, it's still one BAMF. I like it over the fanspro but I'm gonna wait to see if any other designers are going to take a crack at it.

Yeah that use to be the main thing that collected before getting into 6" scale action figures.

I agree that the tech detailing could have been dialed back a bit, and it can get a little too busy looking. Master Mind Creations has probably made the best 3rd party combiner with their Feral Rex (Predaking). But it looks like they are shifting to IDW based characters for future releases instead of making new combiners. But on day I would love to see MMC take on Sky Lynx to setup next to Feral Rex.
AcidDragon wrote:Man, this is one of the most badass looking third party gestalts I've seen. I'm really looking forward to updating my G1 collection and the combiners were always a favourite of mine.

Yeah I always loved the combiners when I was younger along with the Dinobots. I always thought it would be cool if the Dinobots could combine. The Dinobots on their own could hold their own with a combiner and I thought how badass if they could combine. Well two 3rd Party companies are doing just that ToyWorld and GCreation.

Toyworld TWD Dino Combiner

And the even bigger GCreation - Shuraking. This one is going to be pretty close to 2 feet tall.

If I was going to get either of those two sets it would be GCreation's Shuraking due to the shear size of that beast. But at the moment I'm not planning either because I'm already buying the 3rd party Masterpiece Dinobots.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:21 am

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Tango X » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:34 pm

These look so incredible. I kinda like the super detailing on them. I think they would make for better individual figures. If it's one thing that combiners kind of lacked in was the detailing on the individual figures when they were not combined. I think his makes every piece better value and gives them more personality. I always felt like you could tell when a figure was a combiner because it kinda lacked in the detail department but this remedies that. :halgrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Templar Punk » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:38 pm

Frickin' look at the size of that thing! Sheesh! Wonder how it compares to Feral Rex or Hercules?

That Dinobot combiner looks pretty sick! I remember awhile back, there was either a digital mock up or a actual custom of a Dinobot combiner called Extinction. Don't know much of it, but I thought it looked just as good if not better.

Templar Punk
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:58 pm

I am in heaven!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers