Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marauder Gun Runners Kickstarter--some shameless shilling...

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Marauder Gun Runners Kickstarter--some shameless shilling...

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Okay, so some shilling.

I'm not affiliated with Marauder Gun-Runners, I'm not paid, compensated or even acknowledged by them.

I'm just another fan and a loyal customer and booster.
Who are Marauder Gun-Runners?
They make 1/18th scale toy weapons and gear for 4" GIJOE figures. Some of the things they make duplicate or better stuff you can find with GIJOE, and some of the weapons they make have never been seen before in Joe-scale.
And what's more: the stuff FUNCTIONS. Slides and stocks work, magazine can be removed, scopes and other items can be attached--all of which they make. The stuff is detailed, intricate, solid and well-designed--and their customer service is top-notch.
Their stuff is excellent--I own a bunch of it myself, and whole-heartedly recommend their products.

Here's a link to their web-site/store: http://www.marauderinc.com/

Now, they've launched a couple of projects via Kickstarter, all of which have been successful. They are making their own figures, which are set to launch ( after a delay from this past Christmas) early in the summer.

Here's the shill:
They are launching another Kickstarter, but this time to produce weapons for 1/12th scale figures. That's 6"--Marvel Legends, DCUC etc. The weapons are based on their series 7 items, up-scaled from 1/18th to 1/12th. A variety of machine guns, rifles and pistols......just waiting to kit out Punisher, Deadpool or Vigilante. This is gear that no-one else makes. And apparently these are just the beginning.
I've pledged in all the Kickstarter projects these guys have run. They ran into a few initial manufacturing hickups in their previous projects, but have always delivered on the goods. Always.

This current project opens up a new resource for all of us that collect these 1/12th scale figures, both to accessorize AND to customize them.
Their baseline goal is to make $14,000, and they have numerous stretch goals as well.
If you are curious about this, here's a link to their project page to find out more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... ction-figu

I'm a backer, and I AM biased......but they've never disappointed me yet.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Re: Marauder Gun Runners Kickstarter--some shameless shillin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Super cool. I actually first heard of these guys through their modular figure stands. They make amazing 1:18 scale third party accessories. I'm sure going up a scale will only make things better.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:58 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Super cool. I actually first heard of these guys through their modular figure stands. They make amazing 1:18 scale third party accessories. I'm sure going up a scale will only make things better.

And their existing stands work with the 3mm foot peg holes already for 1/12th scale figures so equipped. This in addition to the pegs on the same stands for 1/18th scale figures---yep two pegs of slightly different sizes on the same stands.

As an aside, I've seen comments from a number of collectors complaining that 1/12th scale weapons/items are sparse.
Well, they are and they aren't.
Hasbro or Mattel aren't really making a whole lot of extra gear, but third parties ARE. 1/12th is also known as "doll-house scale" and there's all kinds of furniture and household accessories available, in all kinds of styles.
Addtionally those "TRUE HERO" sets at TRU et al, the weapons for those figures are, frequently, over-sized. They are actually 1/12th scale gear, instead of the 1/18th figure scale.
McFarlane Military is 1/12th, and the old Plan B SWAT and WW2 Military are also 1/12th. There's a number of Japanese items from various figures that have things like school desks, or kitchen displays--even fast food kiosks.

When it comes right down to it there's actually more stuff out there for 1/12th than there is for 1/18th.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:23 pm

I got my order this week-- these are pics of the 4" Marauder Task Force figures--a Kickstarter they successfully ran last year.
Here's some pics of the figures---these are the BASIC sets:

Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Return to General Toy Discussions