Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Ant-Man

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Re: Paul Rudd is Ant-Man

Postby Havok1891 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Sounds like it may work. I just don't know if I really need to see an Antman movie anytime soon.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:27 pm

I just always thought that it would be good, just from a special effects standpoint. I wish we were getting an Atom movie, but I think it is going to be fun.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:11 am

Well, based on how fast and uncontrolled DC/WB has acted recently, I see an Atom movie looming on the horizon
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Caleb » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:13 pm

I think it's an awesome choice, personally. A lot of people forget that Rudd can act (check out The Cider House Rules or his straight-man roles in David Wain's early stuff) because he's become more associated with playing "Paul Rudd Characters" or being a part of the Apatow crew. But Pym's the type of character who really plays to Rudd's strengths as an actor, light sarcasm and all, so I'm sure he'll do fine. Ant Man is such an inherently goofy character (regardless how the comics play him, it's a goofy concept) that you can't play him Nolan Serious. Well, you could, but the audience is going to be laughing at, not with. Getting an actor who can play straight and comedic is definitely the right way to go here.

I really want to know who they're gonna cast as Janet now. Or who the villain is going to be, for that matter.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Caleb » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:Well, based on how fast and uncontrolled DC/WB has acted recently, I see an Atom movie looming on the horizon

Looming on the horizon? Bah. Haven't you heard? The Atom is in the next Man of Steel sequel. They're calling it Superman / Batman: All The Heroes We Missed: Suck It, Marvel.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:57 am

Caleb wrote:I think it's an awesome choice, personally. A lot of people forget that Rudd can act (check out The Cider House Rules or his straight-man roles in David Wain's early stuff).

Oh yeah Paul Rudd can act! Did everyone forget about Halloween: Curse of Michael Myers?!!!!
All joking aside, I think he will be a breath of fresh air in the superhero movie genre. And, It will all pay off if we get some great science banter between him and RDJ in Avengers 3. I think those two could feed off each other really well.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Haha, I loved him in Halloween, actually. He was hilarious. Especially when he was trying to get away from him and knock the door down.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 am

LMFAO!!!!!! with the little laugh he gives, and then kicks the door. Fantastic!!
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Latest Ant-Man Trailer

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Latest Trailer

Wow, this look greeeeat!!! I can't wait to see this flick. See, CW should have been looking at this movie, not Iron Man, when creating Ray Palmer the A.T.O.M. :batsmh:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ant-Man

Postby Webslinger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:29 am

Oh yeah, this is gonna be really good!!! I am really liking Rudd as Ant-Man, I just wish they cast him as Hank Pym instead of Scott Lang.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Media