Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

New DC Collectibles Gods and Monsters Figures

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

New DC Collectibles Gods and Monsters Figures

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 pm

I just saw these over at Toyark.
http://news.toyark.com/2015/04/16/new-dc-collectibles-gods-and-monsters-figures-157907
DC Entertainment rolled out new info on their upcoming Gods and Monsters direct to video animated film today, showing off an alternate universe version of Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman. In the below video, animation lord Bruce Timm explains the process and reasoning behind the new adventure, which will also include a daily digital only comic explaining the backstory of these new versions of the heroes.

Near the end, we get our first glimpse at action figures from DC Collectibles which are said to be 6 inch, and seem to have some articulation similar to the recent Batman Animated figures as opposed to the larger but less articulated offerings we’ve been getting for the animated films so far.

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: New DC Collectibles Gods and Monsters Figures

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:30 pm

As much as I and many others love Bruce Timm, I'm Not sold on this yet
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm sold, though... lol. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I'm excited for the movie, but no matter how good it is, it doesn't deserve figures before Superman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, or even Justice League/JLU. ****, the toys won't even be out at the same time as the movie. I know they're trying to establish these characters, but making these figures could bite DCC in the ass. Fans of the already established DCAU, too.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Hopefully this doesn't take away from the budget for their regular AU line.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:58 pm

It very well may, and if these warm pegs, people above Kevin Kiniry are pretty much guaranteed to think twice about greenlighting more figures in that style, regardless of the property.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:43 am

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles