Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

ML Infinite Series 6" Guardians Of The Galaxy Comic 5-Pack

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

ML Infinite Series 6" Guardians Of The Galaxy Comic 5-Pack

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:45 pm

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=18855

Entertainment Earth Exclusive Marvel Legends Infinite Series 6" Guardians Of The Galaxy 5-Pack Coming In August

We have gotten word from a pretty good authority that Hasbro will be releasing a comic book based 6" Marvel Legends Infinite Series Guardians of the Galaxy 5-pack this coming August. We don't have official word from Hasbro yet but from what we have learned from other sources, this set will be sold as a Entertainment Earth exclusive. At SDCC last year Hasbro said this set would include figures of Star-Lord, which is a re-release of last years SDCC exclusive version, as well as a classic Gamora, Groot, Rocket Raccoon and Drax on their bigger sculpted body, IE Hyperion body. We also have learned the set will include a special Baby Groot figure. The cost for this set will be $120.

What is not exactly clear is whether the set will be sold anywhere besides Entertainment Earth's own website. They are actually an authorized wholesaler for Hasbro so it's possible anyone with a wholesale account with them could sell this set. Entertainment Earth and Toys R' Us have also been known to work together from time to time so its also a possibility they could end up there as well.

Pre-orders for the set are expected to begin in 2 weeks so we should defiantly know more by then. While no official images for the set have been released, these shown below began circulating the web and various Facebook group pages today. We don't know where it originated from or who to exactly credit for it, but hopefully we will get better looks for you soon.

GuardiansBoxset__scaled_600.jpg
EE_Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy__scaled_500.jpg
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: ML Infinite Series 6" Guardians Of The Galaxy Comic 5-Pa

Postby HectorHall » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:23 pm

Sweet, gonna want that Gamora
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:00 pm

This is so cool ... I'm going to tell my nephew about this ... He'll be interested in this. :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Aargh. Gamora is the only one I really need, but I can see appeal since the Rocket wave was tough to find and Starlord was SDCC. I'd heard rumors of this set being a TRU exclusive so maybe it'll be a little cheaper there. $120 seems a bit steep.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 pm

A re-release, a repaint, and two headswaps. Is Gamora basically new?
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Hard to tell about Gamora, though I'll say it's mostly a repaint with a new head sculpt and possibly cape
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:34 am

I'm down for that set or just a couple of figures from it, either way hehe.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:55 am

For Drax it looks like they are using the lower body from the movie figure, the Hyperion torso, and the head from Radioactive Man. Gamora looks to be on the Moonstone body with Satanna's head, and some costume overlays with a cape and hood. The Sword looks to be Black Knight's and the Cape may be Valkyrie's.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:08 pm

I know it doesn't fit the team, but it's not like Drax and Gamora appeared in those costumes at the same time, so it would've been neat to get a purple costume Drax. They could've even changed up Starlord to his white trimmed costume for more variety. Hopefully this will be elsewhere besides an online exclusive.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:24 pm

Seems kinda unlikely, but Entertainment Earth is pretty great. It's not as great as buying something in person and finding the best set in the store (or the best set in town if one has the time and gas money), but they're damn good over there.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion