Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

HectorHall Assasins and Golden Age goodness pg55

Show off your masterpieces, share recipes and tips and the latest and greatest in custom figure techniques!

Re: No tricks on pg54. I promise! Sandman & Amazing Man pg

Postby HectorHall » Thu May 07, 2015 4:01 pm

I wanted a Night Girl to go with my subs. and I had a bunch of Fire figures that I picked up cheap on cyber Monday.
Dremeled the body down to get rid of the bodice and the boots, sculpted the belt and boots and added a cape made from denim.
Now for Stone Boy and I can call the group complete for now (not sure about infectous lass, porcupine pete, or double header)

Let me know what you think
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu May 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Looking good, and I like Color Kid the best of the bunch - you off to a good start and keep it up and add when you can!

Nice job with it Hector!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby HectorHall » Thu May 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Doctor Fate wrote:Looking good, and I like Color Kid the best of the bunch - you off to a good start and keep it up and add when you can!

Nice job with it Hector!

I'll keep trying Doc. So many teams and eras I want to complete. Never seem to find enough time.
I hope to have a couple Golden Age classics within the next couple days.

Thanks for checking her out and leaving me some feedback, always appreciated. :D
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: HectorHall another custom for the Subs! pg55

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:54 am

Your custom actually looks better than the base figure :smgrin: Great work!
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:07 pm

I'll admit I had to google her since I've never been much into the Legion. I know the main members but when you start branching out I'm at a loss. She cam out good based on the images I saw, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Sun May 10, 2015 1:35 am

1987olds442 wrote:Your custom actually looks better than the base figure :smgrin: Great work!

Thanks olds, I was thinking of using another Fire for a JLDetroit Gypsy. Whattaya think?
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Sun May 10, 2015 1:36 am

packerbacker180 wrote:I'll admit I had to google her since I've never been much into the Legion. I know the main members but when you start branching out I'm at a loss. She cam out good based on the images I saw, lol.

I promise the next few to be a little less obscure, but you know that's where I like to set up camp :D
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Re: HectorHall Assasins and Golden Age goodness pg55

Postby HectorHall » Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Browsing through the loose figures at the ComicCon I found a Green Steppenwolf for $10 and knew he had to good for something, right? Then it hit me, Kanto the Assasin. One of Darkseid's elite, he had a thing for aping the look popular in the European courts of the Renaissance. I got home and discovered that a customizer on the Realm had done the same recipe! So I followed in his footsteps and took a whack at it.
The head is from a DCUC Samurai and the cape is from a Jemm Son of Saturn. The hat is Milliput.

Let me know what you think, you're feedback means a lot to me.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby HectorHall » Thu May 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Kirby Sandman....a lot of us hoped in vain, (seemed easy to pull off), but we never saw him. I started with the Black Vulcan and added a random belt/holster from the fodder bin. The gun is a modified, (and by that I mean that I cut off the tip), Captain Cold pistol. I had to sculpt the ears, gloves and boots. The yellow part of his costume is a golden harvest with gold lightly drybrushed over it.

Let me know what you think

I could not bear the thought of Sandman in his purple and gold without his sidekick Sandy the Golden Boy!
I started with a Freddie Freeman figure (God I loved the $6 cyber sale at Matty) and sculpt the gloves, collar, and a new mussy haired do. I used a brighter yellow on his costume and drybrushed a little bit of Incan gold over that, to set it off from Wes's outfit.

As always....Let me know what y'all think :D
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu May 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Hector both Sandman and Sandy looks excellent and I may say this that you've did a good job putting it altogether and I just loved the paint job that you did with those two figures.

Looks like you did a great job putting it altogether! ... It's even match with the photograph that I found in the internet.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Action Figure Customs