Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

6" Star Wars Black Series

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

6" Star Wars Black Series

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:54 am

Anyone else out here collecting the 6" Black Series?

Even though we have the original SW figures to thank for our habit, because let's face it, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't be here today doing this...

I have Darth Maul, Sandtrooper and R2 for the 6" line and I must say they are everything I'd hoped they'd be; articulation is outta this world with the details to match and the accessories are fantastic.

Plus this is at least worth $20 per figure with all it comes with; unlike Mattel. I'm not a Matty hater, just terrifically disappointed in them.

I do know that I'll continue collecting these guys in my preferred scale...I've seen some of the 3.75" figs but being touted as being better than the previous ones, I'm not that impressed for they don't look any different than their predecessors. At least I can save some money just focusing on the 6" line.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: 6" Black Series

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:02 am

I'm debating whether or not to pull the trigger on the original trilogy figures. Darth Maul does look very cool but I know if I get him, I'll most likely end up buying all of them.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:52 pm

I thought about picking up a few like R2 & 3PO or Han & Chewie, but the bottom line is that I have nearly a thousand modern 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figures and I don't really care to start all over with a new scale.

I've heard a lot of collectors complain about the new 3 3/4 inch figure prices. They cost about twice as much as they used to when I got into them in the 90's but they are also at least twice as good as they used to be. They have tons more articulation and detail as the POTF2 figures did and the likenesses to the actors has improved a lot too. It makes me sad to see Hasbro focus on the 6 inch Black Series over the smaller scale figures, but it's easier on my wallet this way. I'll still be here if Hasbro goes back to putting more care and attention into the 3 3/4 inch figures again. :|
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:58 pm

I hear ya OG...I debated for a few weeks on that 6" Maul. Finally bit the bullet and did it after seeing a good review on Fwoosh and I have to say I'm fairly pleased with him.

The cloak is a very flexible plastic, the head is permanently cemented inside the hood and can be a bit cumbersome to detach to put the other head on, but overall it's pretty good and I'm satisfied with it.

Until I see better 3.75" black series figs I think I'll stick with the 6"
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:52 pm

Is the Sandtrooper's shoulder-pad thingie removable? I'm sure I could Google this, but what the heck? LAZINESS WINS!

I picked up Artoo, and I seriously carried Maul around Target for almost a half hour (prompting my wife to finally offer to buy him for me so we could leave) while I considered. I mean, they don't knock my socks off like I was hoping, but they're definitely the best looking Wars figures the 'Bro has made in awhile.

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to go with just the heavies and a select few characters I actually dig. And Jabba, if they make him. We'll see if I can stick to my guns. I promised myself one Alien, and that...yeah. :roll:

So I'm pretty much going ANH Luke, Han, Leia, Ben, Vader, Threepio, Chewie, Lando, Fett, Tarkin, The Emperor, a prequel Obi-Wan, the Bounty Hunter dudes from ESB, and a couple Stormtroopers. Maybe a Jawa. Oh, and if they make Jabba, SOLD!

Really, how cool would a Black Series Jabba be?
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:57 am

I haven't bought any yet but I do plan on getting Fett, Vader, Han, Slave Leia, RotJ Luke, and maybe Lando. I'm trying my best not to get sucked in to collecting too many more. Fortunately nothing in wave 1 interested me enough.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Smallville » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Only got to get Maul and have them all... until November... :smlol:
Smallville
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:44 am

Caleb,

The Sandtrooper's shoulder pad does come off and I think it's a pretty good figure overall...

The only one I'm missing in the first series is X-Wing Luke...saw him and didn't like the paint apps, then went back to get him the next day and he was gone; last I saw him.

As for Maul, I did the old, pick-him-up-walk-around-the-store-then-stash-him-behind-girls-toys-and-pick-up-later-and-buy-him-trick!

That took 3 weeks to finally purchase....but I'm satisfied with him at least.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Re: 6" Star Wars Black Series

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:41 am

It's only a matter of time I cave in on these like I caved in on an S.H.Figuarts Sailormoon a couple of weeks ago. Heh. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 6" Star Wars Black Series

Postby Anarky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:02 am

I've seen a couple in person but I'll probably cherrypick
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Next

Return to Star Wars