Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

You can thank DC for not showing more of Harley on "Arrow"

Discuss your favourite DC movies and TV shows here like Arrow, Man of Steel, Watchmen, RED, Young Justice and more!

You can thank DC for not showing more of Harley on "Arrow"

Postby Rattrap96 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:16 am

Arrow Originally Had Big Plans For Harley Quinn

By Russ Burlingame
05/23/2015
Harley-Quinn-ArrowAfter her brief cameo appearance in the second season of Arrow, the series could have used a lot more Harley Quinn, according to actress Willa Holland, who plays Thea Queen on the show.

Holland told Flickering Myth that “We had big plans for Harley, but I guess something came down from DC execs that told us to shut it down. I mean, we had that tease with the pigtails and the A.R.G.U.S. [prison] outfit but, we’ll never see it. We would love to Harley in Arrow but it will never happen.”

The character, who originated on Batman: The Animated Series, will be featured prominently in next year's Suicide Squad live-action feature. The Squad were featured in the episode in which Harley made her unnamed cameo on Arrow and a number of others, but their role will reportedly be significantly diminished going forward, with some of the characters from the Suicide Squad movie taken off the board entirely.

Arrow returns in the fall for its fourth season, with Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E. serving as the primary antagonists, while other plot threads from the first three seasons will almost certainly continue to play roles with A.R.G.U.S., the League of Assassins and a newly-christened Ra's al Ghul in the form of Malcolm Merlyn.
Rattrap96
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: You can thank DC for not showing more of Harley on "Arro

Postby Rattrap96 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:28 am

Here's my question- if there's already a "Flash" tv show & yet DC is going to have a "Flash" movie with a different actor, so why can't there be one Harley Quinn & the Suicide Squad for "Arrow" & have a different Harley Quinn & the Suicide Squad for the movieverse,after all aren't the DCU tv shows separated from the DCU movieverse?
Rattrap96
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun May 24, 2015 2:41 am

I see what you've mean here Rattrap96, but we are in a middle of a Superhero Invasion of Shows like no other era/time frame existed and I'm not much a Harley Quinn fan except the version on the BATMAN, THE ANIMATED SERIES

and having said that - I'm not interested in the Suicide Squad either in TV Format and Movie Format. Having said that I do support your concerns that there should be two separate Harley Quinn(s) - One for TV and One for Movie. They should be separated so that each actor/actress can be identified either by TV Version and/or Movie Version. That's how I feel about it. It's a very good question ...
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Not to mention Katana appeared on Arrow already in full costume (bearing resemblance to the Suicide Squad movie version).
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:30 pm

It makes no sense at all, even for DC. Now if they would only take the Suicide Squad movie off the board entirely...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Sun May 24, 2015 10:34 pm

I don't care. Arrow sucks. Berlanti probably would have ****ed up Harley a lot worse than David Ayers could if he were trying to.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon May 25, 2015 1:48 am

:gashock:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon May 25, 2015 6:13 pm

I was really looking forward to seeing her on Arrow, too. Oh well.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Return to DC TV Shows/Movies