Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Beware the Batman McDonalds Happy Meal Toys

Topics include figures inspired by Batman the Animated Series, the Justice League Unlimited figure series by Mattel, the Young Justice action figure series, Beware the Batman and much more!

Beware the Batman McDonalds Happy Meal Toys

Postby Tom Turbine » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:20 am

LOL, I stumbled onto this on Youtube, I thought Anarky might enjoy this. :batlol: The batcycle is kind of neat. As is the Batmobile. Takes me back to when they did the Batman Returns Happy Meal toys. :batlol:

In Seaboard City, crime doesn't pay!!
Tom Turbine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Beware the Batman McDonalds Happy Meal Toys

Postby Caleb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:34 pm

I still like the Lego Batman dudes McDonald's did a little better, but these aren't bad. The Batcycle is pretty cool, and I would've gone nuts for that flying Batman back when I was a kid. It's a shame Mickey D's didn't put this much effort into their YJ finger-boards!
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:32 pm

I actually thought the Young Justice finger boards were really well made for what they were. I was expecting cheap stickers.

So far I've found 4 out of six of these guys. The Batcycle is easily the best. Wish there was a villain or two, as they sort of remind me of those great Batman: The Animated Series Happy Meal toys that came out around 1992 or 93.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 am

Well Young Justice did have their own McDonalds Happy Meal figures, too. They were pretty close to these ones, actually. Have you guys seen these before? :batgrin:

youngjusticehappymealtoys.jpg

Also, here's a video review on the old Batman TAS Happy Meal toys. I actually remember these very well!

Lastly, I never even knew about this but (to me anyway) this looks like by far one of the biggest Happy Meal Toy set out of all of these. The Brave and the Bold miniatures sets. There's 24 figurines in all. Here's another review by FastFoodToyReviews on Youtube.

"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 am

I have the Batman and Robin from the Young Justice set, and am only missing Batman from the Batman: The Animated Series set. I used to have him, and then my parents' dog discovered him on a lower shelf one day. Keep meaning to get a replacement, as the toy was destroyed over a decade ago.

I have the Brave and the Bold toys as well, but they're really cheap. The cars don't even have wheels, and the paint apps are extremely minimal (check out Batman's gray gloves to see what I'm talking about). I would have preferred them to make six larger toys than having three poorly painted figures in each pack.
Rex Mason
Partner
Partner

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Would loved to have gotten those Young Justice happy meal prizes. I don't think they had them here though or at least I didn't see them...
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Anarky » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks for the video, Chris.

I did have fun walking into mcdonalds and getting these guys. (Yay for letting ppl just buy toys!) I did end up getting #1 on eBay but my favorite part of the set was seeing Anarky on the happy meal box I got too. I'm still so happy about it
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm surprised there aren't any figures of the villains, actually. Odd. :batconfused:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:01 am

I saw the YOUNG JUSTICE Happy Meal figs and bought Bats and Supes...though i was late to the party and missed the rest. But again, poor promotion on Mattel's part, even working with the largest fast food chain in the known universe; disappointing.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Caleb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:25 pm

I've never seen those YJ figures! Man, they look awesome...I'll have to track 'em down on Ebay now. I've got the full set of Brave and the Bold figures, though, and they're pretty cool.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Next

Return to DC Animated Universe Figure Lines