Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Ghostbusters Toy Thread - Active again!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

The Ghostbusters Toy Thread - Active again!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:24 am

Back in 2009, I wrote a review on MWC of the first Egon & Slimer two pack, it was only days after their release, please check it out here and talk about it and the time it was released and so forth. I hope you guys like it and I will appreciate the conversation:)

Sample pics:

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: The Ghostbusters Toy Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:29 am

From the Matty Board :)

Originally posted by Gonzo the Grape:
Originally posted by the80sdrummer:
This never popped into my mind actually. The size difference is just too much for me. SoH looks weird with the GB figures to me. But I would like to see pics of collections where it worked for them. Maybe it will sway my opinion :)

My thoughts exactly! :)

OK, ask and you shall receive, LOL. OK, I just took some pics and I hope this helps you guys and everybody else! I for one think it is cool. The scale between the GBC & SoH is good if you make up your own story. SoH vs. RGB scale really isn't that acceptable. See what you think!

The Scale of SoH with GBC Egon & Winston and RGB Venkmen

The Ghostbusters (and Slimer) vs. The Spirit of Hordak!

Please post and let Me know what you think about this :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby mikey1974 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:57 pm

I still love my Mattel GB figures. only ones I'm missing are the 3 exclusives - Slimed Egon, Marshmallow Ray,and The Rookie.

still sad to me that they didn't finish it out properly. at least give us Gozer and the Terror Dogs!!
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:34 am

mikey1974 wrote:I still love my Mattel GB figures. only ones I'm missing are the 3 exclusives - Slimed Egon, Marshmallow Ray,and The Rookie.

still sad to me that they didn't finish it out properly. at least give us Gozer and the Terror Dogs!!

I know, it was really pathetic :roll: The figures were great indeed. If I were you and you would only get 1 exclusive, make the choice of The Rookie cuz he is so different from the rest!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby mikey1974 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:50 pm

another one that bugs me - no Courtroom Egon ! and they have all the pieces already molded to make one...
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Awesome thread and pics. I still have my vintage GBs. My faves was wave 2 that had Tombstone Tackle, Granny Gross and Terrortrash. The wave with Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster and the Quasimodo Man was a close second tho!!!
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:22 pm

I like the Mattel line too and wish they would've made more...I also really like the head/neck sculpt as one fairly well moveable piece; kinda wish Mattel would've done that with DCUC head and necks, makes the figs that much better looking as an asthetic.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby mikey1974 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:49 pm

some pics of my GB display:

my Stay-Puft has stayed whiter than most! i DID put some acrylic sealer on it when it started to yellow,and it really hasn't yellowed since...

mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:01 am

Mikey, that is just superb!!!!!!!!!!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Wow, just amazing set-up there. I love how detailed and real your Firehouse looks!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions