Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Which Turtle Bro Is Your Favorite Nicktoon Update?

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

Which of the four turtle bros received the Nicktoon update that you enjoy best?

Leonardo
50%
Donatello
No votes
Raphael
No votes
Michelangelo
50%

Total votes : 2

Which Turtle Bro Is Your Favorite Nicktoon Update?

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:58 am

tmnt_evolved.jpg

My convo with Havok about Leo got me thinking that this warrants its own thread and poll entirely! Which of the four turtle bros got your favorite update and why? How do you feel the characters have evolved from their older incarnations and how in your eyes does this make them better?
Last edited by Avalon on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Which Turtle Bro Is Your Favorite Nicktoon Update?

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:09 pm

For me, it was Leo. In the past incarnations, he's always been very stoic and the leader of the group but there was never a lot of explanation to his motivation other than that he wanted to make his father Master Splinter proud. I feel like the Nicktoon update really fleshed out his character and gave, in my opinion, his character a lot of needed personality and also some good humored reasons as to why he feels the way that he does.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:02 pm

Cool poll. I like Mikey's update the most, I think. Since the Nick update, I think he's funnier now than ever and I really enjoyed his hilarious interaction with Leatherhead. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:07 pm

GAHR! Another hard poll!

I don't honestly have a clearcut favorire. Each one of them is such a much better fleshed out character. The original cartoon (Not so much in the comics) were completely one dimensional cartoon characters. No one had motivation for anything, and each one was just a "team trope" for cartoons at the time.

But as of now, Leo feels the weight of his decisions on his shoulders, and even cracks under the pressure. Plus, all the excellent points you've made for him.

Raph makes sense for the first time ever. He's got issues, but he's not pointlessly angry and raging at everything.

I love Don's crush on April. And the way it gets expressed is akin to Niles and Daphne from Frasier.

And Mikey, as Acid said, is genuinely funny. And I've been told by people who have brothers that they actually nailed the "dopey little brother" type.

But... he's not my favorite by a longshot... but I think I have to go with Raph as the best update. He's a deep and complex character now, and like I said, he's not just pointlessly angry at everything.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles