Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

New TMNT Line

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

Re: New TMNT Line

Postby Crazy Jetty » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:50 am

I agree. I love the new line. It captures the same sense of fun and humor the original line had, while still being fresh and original. It and the show both homages what came before, without being enslaved by it (Which is a rut Hasbro feels to be in with TF)
And the toys are insanely cheap for what you get for the price. Great value.

AcidDragon wrote:I bought four of the retro Turtles. For some reason, BBTS isn't shipping any more TMNT product to Canada as per Playmates request so I guess that's that. I was thinking of getting four more and repainting them in their Stump Asteroid Prowrestler costumes, but it never happened. :batrasp:

You could always use me. I have a bunch of friends in the UK who do similar. Have stuff sent to me and I pass them along in bulk to them.
I'd be happy to do the same for you, if there's anything they won't ship to canada.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:44 pm

I was totally surprised by the quality of the new TMNT line. Overall, I'm very happy with it. They really captured the fun diverse mutant portfolio that the vintage line had which was something the FOX TMNT toyline failed to do IMO. :smsmile:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Avalon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh and the TMNT M.O.U.S.E.R.S multi-pack was something they should've done a long long time ago. I can see myself army building the bajeezers out of these things.

spin_prod_867980012.jpg
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:14 pm

Same here. I picked up two of the Mouser packs tonight, actually. I've got a few of the TMNT Classics, and these guys will look great on display with them! Man, I can't believe Playmates never dropped a bunch of Mousers in the original series! I would've loved these li'l guys as a kid!
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:05 am

I have to say those mousers are awesome, I recently found a pack of them and I was blown away at the articulation these little guys have. I am hoping to find another for army building... I also want to get my hands on the TMNT Classics Bebop and Rocksteady, I have managed to get all four of the Turtles but these bad guys are a must!!! I really hope they continue with this line and give us at least 4 more... April, Shredder, Krang and Splinter!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Havok1891 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:09 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:The prices are such a breath of fresh air.

Yes they are! I have stayed away from the Nick TMNT toys, but it's tough! The only reason I don't buy them is I have the turtles from the 2007 movie and I do like them (and don't want a triples of the characters).

I have retro Turtles from when Target had released them in 2007 or so. Back then, I got Leo & Raph (selected first cause I figured they were the most popular). The irony is that Don is my favorite and maybe Mich. after that. It's great that TRU has them up for grabs now. I put in an order for both of them to finish my team of 4 turtles back on Friday.

P.S.

I've watched the first 10 episodes of the Nick. cartoon and have to say that Leo is now my favorite. Love how he is the Star Trek Hero nerd type. His "do gooder" attitude really makes Raph's barbs better than ever.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 pm

I agree, Havok. Those 2007 figures are some of my favorites. I bought most of them except for that Yeti. The new Nicktoon rocks. Leo is my fave, too. I really liked all the personality they added to his character to flesh him out.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:09 am

Avalon, exactly. It seemed like Leo was always cool for two reason 1) He had the swords & 2) He was the leader. He never seemed to have much fun qualities to him, for me, because he was the goodie goodie that always did the right thing. I dig how they are having fun with that with the newer cartoon. He behaves in that way not because he is necessarily perfect, but because he watches stuff like Star Trek all the time and he wants to be Captain Kirk (or any hero). He def. seems the most likely to like comic book super heroes now.

It's also cool cause it enables Don to be more of the tech. geek and not the all around geek. Don would probably like Star Trek, but would like it more for Spock & Scotty (sort of like Sheldon on Big Bang). It's also cool that Don is the one that gets along most with April, at least in the few episodes I've seen so far.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Those are super points, Havok!! I always felt like he just did what he did to make Master Splinter proud of him but there didn't seem to be any motivation beyond that which made his personality a bit lacking if not cool in a selfless sacrifice way. And I can definitely see some Big Bang parallels as well.

You know, I think this warrants its own thread and poll!

Poll Thread!
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Crazy Jetty » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Havok1891 wrote:Avalon, exactly. It seemed like Leo was always cool for two reason 1) He had the swords & 2) He was the leader. He never seemed to have much fun qualities to him, for me, because he was the goodie goodie that always did the right thing. I dig how they are having fun with that with the newer cartoon. He behaves in that way not because he is necessarily perfect, but because he watches stuff like Star Trek all the time and he wants to be Captain Kirk (or any hero). He def. seems the most likely to like comic book super heroes now.

It's also cool cause it enables Don to be more of the tech. geek and not the all around geek. Don would probably like Star Trek, but would like it more for Spock & Scotty (sort of like Sheldon on Big Bang). It's also cool that Don is the one that gets along most with April, at least in the few episodes I've seen so far.

Don gets along with April, because he's completely and absolutely in love with her (Try to track down the episode "Metalhead." So cute). Like, Niles/Daphne level, from Frasier.
Leo also definately loves superheroes, because the others have used his comic collection against him. Or tried to at least.
Leo would be the most likely to join our board, lol.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles