Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

TMNT: Classic Collection - SPECIAL UPDATE 06/16/21!

Our favourite shell backs are back with a new hit TV series, a new movie and a plethora of colourful action figures to boot!

TMNT: Classic Collection - SPECIAL UPDATE 06/16/21!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:52 am

Well, after MOTU had gone sadly out in the late 80s, I was searching for the one that could be good as it, one turned out to be almost as fantastic and it was the TMNT and thus became My new childhood love but MOTU was still My number 1! That being said, I was lucky and got most the vintage TMNT line but I stopped with the figures in 95 because of My life changes but I did collect the 2003 series till it was no more but IMO it wasn't as fun an the vintage line. So 20 or so years after the prime and fun of TNMT for Me in the 80s and very early 90s, I find out that Playmates (wow they still got it!) has made a new classic collection for the adult collector. I was in amazement by this because they looked so great and were fairly good in scale with MOTUC :shock: So with the help of gift cards I was able to get them! Go here to see the origin of them please!

Here is a few pics I took, I have been taking things slow recovering from My injury.

So there you have it. I am so pleased with these figures. Now guys, talk about what do you think of the Classic Collection. How much do you like them? Do you own them? Who do you want to be made next? I will be happy with April O'Neil, Splinter, Casey Jones, The Shredder, a Foot Soldier, and Krang and then I all good! Sure, Triceratron and Baxter and a few others would be great them are My musts!

For many more pics in better detail go here to the Virtual Ninja Turtle Museum and go here to the VNTM as well!

OK guys, talk about this wonderful subject:)
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: TMNT: Classic Collection!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:12 pm

I just opened them dudes up and while they are fun figures overall, they are not perfect. You gotta watch out for the paint apps but MORE importantly, the shoulder joints on ALL 4 TURTLES! They are very stiff and will not move. I had to get My small knife and gently stick it and pry the joint open very slightly and remove some access plastic which this should not have been an issue IMO but of course it was :roll: If you do know what I talkin' about then that is good but if you don't then you'll want to do what I did otherwise things ain't gonna work out.

With all of that said, I still want more characters in the series, it has major potential of being a tremendous line and one of the best that Playmates has ever made!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Hey thanks for sharing, Brandon. Any chance you'll be doing shots of the turtles and Rocksteady and Bebop out of package in some cool poses and scaling? Hee hee!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:56 am

AcidDragon wrote:Hey thanks for sharing, Brandon. Any chance you'll be doing shots of the turtles and Rocksteady and Bebop out of package in some cool poses and scaling? Hee hee!

We'll see, no promises. I'm still not 100% as things are still difficult for Me. I hope you understand :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:32 am

I heard from a friend of mine they are canceling the Shredder and Krang figures, anyone got any updated news on this? I really had hoped this line would continue at least to get the main characters out.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:42 am

Brandon, that's on slick collection that you have there and thanks for sharing it today with us! :wwsmile:
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Avalon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:44 pm

They're cancelled 100% from what I last read.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:56 am

Ok first off yes, they canceled this great series and I was very disappointed by the very foolish decision...I wanted way more than this.

Ok AcidDragon and guys, I'll take pics of them but I gotta know if there at least 3 people who wants to see them cuz I had other stuff planned. Let Me know guys :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:04 am

Wow looks like you're 7 years (7???) late to my request but better late than never. LOL. Just kidding! Yeah, I'd love to have a visual stroll down memory lane with the TMNT! Thanks, dude!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:54 am

AcidDragon wrote:Wow looks like you're 7 years (7???) late to my request but better late than never. LOL. Just kidding! Yeah, I'd love to have a visual stroll down memory lane with the TMNT! Thanks, dude!

Hah, yeah its been a long time hasn't it but then again it doesn't :?: OK good..anybody else what to see them :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles