Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

SDCC Miscellania!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

SDCC Miscellania!

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Here's a quick rundown of random SDCC stuff that interested me. Feel free to add your obscurities!

Mondo's Ramona Flowers statue! I was really hoping for a figure of her to go with Mezco's Scott Pilgrim, but this is a pretty reasonable consolation.

Mattel WWE Create a Superstar! This is a "shut up and take my money" concept, and customizers will probably love it.
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/2015_ ... ed_800.jpg
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/2015_ ... ed_800.jpg

SH Figuarts BRUCE LEE!
You can stop SDCC now. I've seen all I need to.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: SDCC Miscellania!

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 pm

Ringside Collectibles also has a ton of new WWE figures in their coverage, including some unpainted prototypes. We've got Charlotte up soon and an unpainted prototype of Bayley, which means 2 of the 4 Horsewomen of NXT are spoken for! Hopefully Sasha and Becky aren't far behind.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Classic Sting and Classic Davey Boy Smith??? Colour me sold!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Hah! Great American Bash '90 Sting and Summerslam '92 Davey Boy are gonna be great to see on shelves. I love how deep the Elite line goes - they're doing John Cena in his OVW "Prototype" identity!

The face sculpts look great here, I'm hoping the final product will retain that - Charlotte, Hideo, and Tyson Kidd are all completely on point, right down to Hideo's "I'm gonna kick your head in" stare and Tyson's smug smirk. I'm dying to see what they can pull off on a fully-painted Bayley.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:01 am

I picked up some of the more recent Throwback figures and I'm glad to see they've fixed the articulation problems that plagued the WWE Legends line. I was so disappointed when I realized how imposable the legs were on Sgt. Slaughter and a most of the other figures. It felt like the legs were going to snap. Really looking forward to more Legends. I still need to pick up Bossman and Papa Shango. So happy they did a new Tully Blanchard. I almost considered paying the crazy prices they want for him on eBay. I'm so sad I missed out on his Brainbuster figure when Matty offered him up.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:34 am

Yeah, the mixture of weird articulation and spottiness of selection of the Legends line kept me away. I kinda just prefer it integrated into the mainline anyway, especially because most of the audience has either gotten too old for all but the major names or got burnt out on it from Jakks covering so much. But I'm mostly interested in female wrestler figures now. Every time the WWE signs a former Shimmer wrestler it's a celebration for me (Jessie McKay's on the roster now! And I've been hearing rumors that they're interested in Nikki Storm, which would be incredible).
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:35 am

Oh wow, those Create-a-Superstars are available at Ringside Collectibles already? Did I miss all this?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Crazy. I'm more of a vintage wrestler collector. I figured that if I keep it to one era, I can limit what I buy. That's why even though that Defining Moments Crow-style Sting looks great, I know it'll just set up a whole lot of crazy for me. The Great American Bash Sting is still right up my alley, though. I'm really crossing my fingers for them to finally do a Flashback Bret and Anvil Hart Foundation. Toss Dangerous Danny Davis and Jimmy Hart into the mix, too.

I totally screwed myself on Bossman and Papa Shango, though. I see what they're asking for him now and it's just way out of my price range. If anyone can ever hook me up with one at a reasonable price, I'd really be grateful.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:21 am

Dude, I know exactly what you mean. That's why I'm limiting myself to female wrestlers right now. Because I know as soon as I pick up Ambrose, it's gonna lead to Rollins and Reigns, or when Elite Finn comes out, suddenly I'm going to need Hideo and Sami and Owens. Or worse, if I went vintage, I'd get EVERYONE. I might get a Piper to display, just because he's my favorite, and I'm tempted on a Dibiase (he's at a con I'm going to next weekend), but I don't want to end up with a full 80s/90s roster crowding my room.

And I'll keep my eye out at the cons for Bossman and Shango! I did see Charles Wright at Chiller last year in full Shango makeup, that was cool. But for now, here's Jim Cornette telling Stone Cold some Boss Man stories.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to General Toy Discussions