Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Fantastic Four Teaser Trailer

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Re: Fantastic Four Teaser Trailer

Postby Webslinger » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Ken Davis wrote:This one just isn't for me.

I agree...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:23 pm

I just saw the film. Actually, it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it for the first 75% of the film, then they got their powers and I remembered it was supposed to be a Fantastic Four movie and the FF fan in me couldn't deal with the changes they made to the characters and the story. While trying not to give anything away, Doom is WAAAY overpowered for first appearance Doom. He was basically Beyonder Doom on Battleworld.

It was actually like it wasn't intended to be a Fantastic Four movie but they adapted it into one which wouldn't surprise me. Seriously, the first bit of the movie wasn't actually that bad. It was decent, but then it got progressively terrible. The first three quarters of the film was like an okay young cast sci-fi movie and the last quarter was... hard to describe. But it reminded me of the ending to Mortal Kombat Annihilation. LOL. And it had the same carelessness to source material as the Jean-Claude Van Damme Streetfighter movie. Vague idea of the characters' abilities and shoehorning said characters into ones own original storyline.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:53 pm

So what you're saying is, this is better suited to watch from RedBox?
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Yeah. I definitely wouldn't say it's a must see on the big screen. It's one of those movies you'll watch because it's a comic book movie and you might say that it wasn't that bad (might).
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:So what you're saying is, this is better suited to watch from RedBox?

I won't even rent it on Red Box... I won't support this movie. Gotta send a message yo!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:28 am

I just saw the Fantastic Four Movie on Late Saturday Night and I was very, very disappointed in it; the acting was sub-par and I just can't stand the guy that played the Human Torch at all. The only good character was Sue Storm played by Kata Mara and the action was average to above average and that alone couldn't save the movie. I would give it a 2 star rating and the supporting cast was very inferior.

I saw it once and cried afterwards * of how bad this movie was and vowed never, ever see it again!

* I've lied to my friends that invited me - saying it was a good movie.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Ken Davis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:43 am

This has become one of those cases where the reviews have matched my expectations, and my initial decision to pass on this movie has been correct. I'm never going to bother seeing it, and will just ignore that it was ever made. I'm not curious about it, other that to read that it is something of a train-wreck. I'm not going to gloat over it either. We got a BAD Fantastic Four movie, when we should have gotten something far better.

The politics behind this movie are horrific, and extremely convoluted. It's a classic example of money, egos and policies interfering in a creative process. The end result is that the property is now damaged goods.
Make no mistake, there will NOT be another FF coming out from Fox---regardless of whatever drivel they spew about "commitment"--you'll find few to no investors interested in risking their money on another waste of time.

This film ( and the director) have burned them big time.

What will Fox do now? Will they surrender the rights back to Disney/Marvel?
Nope, I don't think so......at least not yet. There's some speculation that Age of Ultron wasn't quite the film that was expected ( despite it's box-office) and that the crest of the CBM craze has started to fall. X-men Days of Futures Past didn't do box office like the Avengers movies, and Fox is puzzled by this, and so they are watching and waiting to see what happens with the next couple of Marvel films. Civil War will be the next benchmark. If it is at all flat, then Fox might go with a deal with Marvel, just to cut their losses and get some money for the property.

That, OR............Fox might turn around and milk the FF in other ways......like an animated feature. It allows them to ignore all the other cinematic continuity and "reboot" yet again. Get some of the bodies that do the successful DC animated features and they can continue to exercise the rights, hold on to them for the foreseeable future and "drive the price up" to get the rights back.
They will likely NOT attach the FF to the X-men, because why drag down a winner with a 3-time loser???

But it is all speculation, and the next week will determine which direction it goes. If the box office on FF for this full week is abysmal, then it will really influence their thinking.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Like I said, I can't recommend seeing this at the theatre but if you're curious enough to want to see it, I'd recommend waiting for Netflix or one of those streaming avenues. As many have said, this is definitely not a Fantastic Four movie. It's Fantastic Four in name and super powers only. I think if they made this a generic sci-fi film with original characters and rewrote some of it, it might have been a much better movie than what they ended up putting out.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:41 pm

:smlol:
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:40 pm

This morning - I've recieved 12 e-mails from friends that the latest Fantastic Four Movie is the worst comic book movie in the past 10 years. They told me to not to see it and I told everyone of them that I did last Saturday Night and they could not believe that I went to see it. I could had save ... drum roll please!

11 Bucks!
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Previous

Return to Marvel Media