Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Possible Marvel Legends waves

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Possible Marvel Legends waves

Postby Webslinger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:47 pm

I was just thinking of Marvel Legends figures we haven't really gotten since Hasbro relaunched the line... I would love to see the Fantastic Four given the updated ML treatment with get this... a BaF THING!!! make him about the same size as the Rhino BaF, talk about awesomeness!!! I think 6 figures in the wave and it could go a little something like this, let me know what you think...

Marvel Legends Infinite Series Fantastic Four

1. Mr. Fantastic
2. Invisible Woman
3. Human Torch (50/50 variant without flames)
4. Doctor Doom (I know we already got one, but a old school version from like the 80's Secret Wars look)
5. Nova/Silver Surfer (Herald of Galactus) either one
6. Super Skrull

Well, what do you think? Would you like this assortment offered?

Submit your own idea of a possible wave of 6 figures and a BaF that Hasbro hasn't offered us as of yet... who knows maybe they will see it here and make it! (Hopefully)
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Possible Marvel Legends waves

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Just read an article this morning on Bleeding Cool, about how they are going to team Captain Marvel with...........Alpha Flight. Alpha Flight in space, basically.

So when the Captain Marvel movie comes along........ her movie figure and a wave of the Alphans. Shaman, Aurora, Northstar, Marinna and Carol Danvers herself. Oh, you want a BAF, you say? Build-a-figure BOX! Byrne's first version.

I'd be weak in the knees.

Other ideas? They are really making strides into all kinds of esoteric characters.
--A Doctor Strange movie wave: Doc himself, Baron Mordo, Clea, Dormammu, Agatha Harkness, Talisman from Alpha Flight ( more knee weakness for me), and the BAF.................... The SHAPER OF WORLDS.

Black Panther movie wave: T'Challa, Ulysses Klaw, Kazar, Zabu, Wyatt Wingfoot.........and the BAF............... SAURON.

if they want to risk a more "generic" wave--a "Marvel Superheroes" wave, then fill it with Nighthawk, Captain Universe, Orka, Stingray, Colleen Wing and Starbrand. The BAF can be...............Super-Adaptoid!
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:09 pm

I just want a freaking decent looking Sue Storm. Not a weird, gangly Sue or big eyed Sure or skanky 90's Sue--you're a mother of two for crissake, put some clothes on. It'd be nice if we could get an entire cohesive looking FF set along the way. And a Frankie Raye Nova figure. Anything else is gravy (BAF Lockjaw?). Looking at all the Avengers & Spidey waves we're getting it's kind of sad how lacking the FF and X-men corners are becoming. Thanks Fox and Sony.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:39 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I just want a freaking decent looking Sue Storm. Not a weird, gangly Sue or big eyed Sure or skanky 90's Sue--you're a mother of two for crissake, put some clothes on. It'd be nice if we could get an entire cohesive looking FF set along the way. And a Frankie Raye Nova figure. Anything else is gravy (BAF Lockjaw?). Looking at all the Avengers & Spidey waves we're getting it's kind of sad how lacking the FF and X-men corners are becoming. Thanks Fox and Sony.

Yes, to Sue Storm. Double yes. Give us a classic original blue-suit version with two heads, one with the classic Buscema-drawn hair, and a second with the shorter style that Byrne did in his big run of the FF.

I was just looking over the ML collection today, and really....one of the only solid villainous groups we have is the Wrecking Crew. You could probably pull together a few others, but there's some teams that really could use representation.

One being the Imperial Guard. I doubt there's a more toyetic-looking group in comics, and they've go for several years.

Marvel and Hasbro have been really good about salting their waves with good, interesting ( and sometimes somewhat obscure) character--even if the relationship to the theme is tenuous at best.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:40 pm

The Imperial Guard might be too obscure and large to complete. I always thought the Starjammers would be a nice wave or pack. SDCC? Ch'od can be made from the new Abomination coming out, and Hepzibah can be reused for Squirrel Girl. Boom. Throw in Polaris or Lilandra for a SDCC five-pack and take my money.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:03 pm

If they go in on a full Doctor Strange wave, it'll probably be headlined by a movie Strange and maybe his look from the new Aaron/Bachalo series. I'd think Nightmare seems like a good option, maybe Mordo. Maybe a modern Kaluu or Modred the Mystic as a variant option.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Namor they've revealed end up there because of the Defenders connection. Wasn't there a modern Blade that never got released? That's a place for him, thematically. A Dracula would be a cool add. We'll probably see some kind of sorceress 50/50 with a combination of Clea, Umar, and/or Jennifer Kale. I'd love Nico Minoru.

Damion Hellstrom would fit, but he's probably out of the question on retail shelves. Maybe they'll toss in a new Silver Surfer or Nighthawk for more Defenders representation.

For BAF, I'd love Shuma-Gorath, but I also wouldn't mind a new Man-Thing. They could always do a Mindless One.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:31 pm

We've needed a new Surfer for a while. A Nighthawk would be awesome too. I'd be happy with Mordru and Clea. Don't really know much Strange beyond that.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:22 am

His man servant Wong...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:36 am

Yeah, but how many people want to pay $20 for a man servant, lol?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Toy Fair 2016 is a month away. I'm hoping there's some ML reveals then, rather than later in March at NYCC.

Since there's some Marvel Movies due out this year, obviously some of the waves will tie into those.

My speculations:

Captain America-Civil War.
Movie Captain America with chainmail armour
Movie Falcon
Movie Scarlet Witch
Movie Crossbones
Movie Black Panther
Movie Tony Stark or battle-damaged Iron Man

Avengers wave:
Movie Battle-damaged War Machine
Movie Vision
Sharon Carter Agent 13
Classic Wonder Man
Immortus
Count Nefaria
BAF: Super Adaptoid.

I think there will be a "Marvel Heroes" wave assortment, and probably a couple of boxes sets, like this past year.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion