Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Agreed...if what I saw at SDCC was the "exact" size, then I think these will be a tad shy of the DCUC figs we know and love...either way; I'm getting the entire set
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

DC Comics Icons, Arkham Knight And The Flash At NYCC 2015

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 pm

DC Comics Icons, Arkham Knight And The Flash At NYCC 2015
Rounding out our coverage of DC’s display area are a trio of lines that are sure to please fans and collectors alike! On display are upcoming offerings from DC Comics – Icons, Batman Arkham and The Flash TV series.

DC Comics – Icons

Green Arrow – The Longbow Hunters
Mister Miracle – Earth 2
Batman – Last Rites
Deadman – Brightest Day

Batman Arkham 5 Pack

All of your favorite Batman looks from the Arkham series are included in this 5 pack that can be found in stores now! The set even includes a Bruce Wayne figure!

The Flash TV Series

Last but surely not least are upcoming offerings from the Flash TV series. Fans can add characters like Captain Cold and John Diggle to their DC collections!

1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Yup...still all in on the Icons line
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:05 pm

But is it bad that I only want Miracle for his box?!? (Pun intended....)
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Around the 2:12 minute mark he shows off some of the articulation using the Deadman figure.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:33 pm

Man I'm hugely disappointed in the size of these figures. I just saw these pictures on another forum. I'm going to be passing on most of these now. I think I will just get some of the female characters would could still work with some DCUC and ML figures.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Definitely not a 'heroic' six inches. But yeah, those look tiny. Especially for what I'm sure the prices will be. If they'd have meshed better with DCUC I could've talked myself into certain characters, but now. Man, these next to the older DC Collectible scale must be dreadful considering those were bigger than DCUC. Betcha people who collected those will be miffed.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Well, I was going to cherry-pick from this line to begin with, and that is clearly a safe strategy now. I don;t want to replace/re-start DCUC all over again, and the size disparity says I won't have to.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:19 pm

It looks like I was right in thinking these seemed very small when I saw them at SDCC this year...guess it'll be an "in hand" thing for me
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:03 pm

In-hand review.
I got Batman today. NICE figure, but with some stiff POAs. Going to be slowly working the joints to see how he moves.

Smaller scale than DCUC/ML, but nice sculpt. Be advised that the figure is held into the bubble with a flexie tie, but it can be hard to get to. I used a nail-clipper to carefully snip the tie.
Plastic is good quality, but not a lot of flex to it--not like Mattel plastic at all. This is a "higher-end" type of item, unlike DCUC---very much in the flavour of other DC Direct stuff.
The deal-maker/breaker will be the scale for most people. I'll look closely at the coming Superman, and a expected Robin to go with this guy, but I AM going to cherry-pick this line.
There is not enough to sway me from investing in it whole hog replace DCUC.

But still, it is a nice figure.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles