Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Happy Halloween-ween, Gang!

Post special events like conventions, online events, get togethers, etc.

Happy Halloween-ween, Gang!

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:29 am

I'll post my costume pics tomorrow; any of you feel free to do the same :blmm:
image.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Happy Halloween-ween, Gang!

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:24 am

Carrie Fisher's R2 Halloween costume, circa 1977
image.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:54 pm

This Halloween is turning out to be a major letdown. The one night of the year I love the most and all the plans I had fell through due to so-called friends. I made plans with them well in advance (2 months) only to have them say they planned something else. WTF??? They knew about this and said they would all show up. My wife and I spent money preparing for tonight! We bought costumes, food, decorations etc... hoping to have a little get together with a few friends and they all planned something else???... well f-u-c-k them, who needs friends like that our my life. My favorite holiday ruined by my "friends", never again...

I need a new class of friends...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:54 pm

Ah man, that sucks buddy...sounds like it's going around though...

My friends rented a limo bus for a group of about 18 or so. He had the same "sure, we'll be there" comments then all but 2 (me and wife and another couple) left to go; so then he downgraded to a smaller limo. He was also hoping that another party would take the limo off his hands; but then found 4 other couples so he thought he was good..nope.

Then a few hours before Halloween night, 3 couples quit out of nowhere, leaving just the 3 couples...he was disappointed sure, but glad he knows some friends of his wont back out...

Hope you have a few friends like that in your group...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:39 pm

It seems like the past couple years a lot my friends seem to just want to use me for whatever they can get and when I don't feel like getting used anymore they aren't my friends either. And since I planned this out well in advance you 'd have thought that all was good but it wasn't, who doesn't like free drinks and food right? I am not kidding you when I say I have less than 5 friends now... and most likely will lose a couple more. I am a very likable person, I offer my help unconditionally, I work at a restaurant so I hook up my friends with food, whenever anyone ever needed anything I was the first to jump in and offer. With me you get three things, Honor, Integrity and Loyalty... how many people do you know like that in this day and age? We are few and far between.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:09 pm

Good for you Webs...you don't need to have a zillion friends, just a few good ones...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:06 pm

My girls
image.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 pm

Family pic...I went as Arthur Dent and Wife went as Trillian from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
image.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:08 pm

All aboard the Love Boat!!
image.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Me and John Constantine
image.jpeg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to Special Events