Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Makin' Mine Marvel.

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Makin' Mine Marvel.

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:31 pm

New score last night: Misty Knight.

Great figure, nothing wrong with her...............but she's obscure for some. And, for me, THAT is her biggest draw.

I have always liked the 2nd, 3rd tier Marvel character figures. They are different and they fill out the Marvel Universe.
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Spider-man, Wolverine are the mainstays---we'll always see them in the line-ups.
But the oddballs, the 2nd-stringers.........we might get them one time, and that will be it. How many Constrictors do you thin we are gonna get?
I thought that Marvel Legends ( and speaking of both Hasbro and Toybiz) had hit the practical, sensible threshold with Man-Wolf.
MAN-WOLF!! How much more obscure could you get?? He's still pretty "out there" as far as obscurity goes, but the brand keeps walking that threshold back a bit.

Enter Misty Knight.
Lovely black woman, first-class private-eye........with a bionic arm. Her and Colleen Wing form a duo attached to Heroes for Hire--basically Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Definitely supporting characters, and probably considered 3rd tier at most by many.
However, Misty Knight epitomizes the depth of Marvel Legends to me--that we can actually see a figure of her realized.

As a toy, she's not the most exciting thing, certainly not if one is unfamiliar with the character. It's that she's NOT exciting that makes her represent something else that IS more exciting. There are a host of other obscure Marvel characters that are considerably more toy-etic than Misty Knight, and HER presence in the line opens up the possibility of these other characters showing up over time.
No-one outside of Hasbro knows what the "war-plans" are for Marvel Legends--the lists of characters planned for the foreseeable future.
One can speculate, and probably make some good guesses.....but we really don't know until announcements are made.

In the meantime, we've got another figure that fills a needed slot, obscure..........but well-done, and that opens the door to bigger ideas.

Now just bring on Colleen Wing!
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Re: Makin' Mine Marvel.

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:44 pm

I love the obscure figures as I have been getting seeing "the usual suspects" all the time...even though I know absolutely nothing about Misty, I definitely appreciate having a wide variety of figures; not to mention more custom opportunities
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion