Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Did I just screw up BAF Hulkbuster???

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Did I just screw up BAF Hulkbuster???

Postby Ken Davis » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:13 am

Okay, I am panicking a little bit.

I have just a few pieces of the latest Hulkbuster BAF--the head, the left arm and the upper torso.

I've put all those parts together.

I've just read on a review site ( OAFE) that the LOWER torso has to be fitted INSIDE the upper torso BEFORE those two parts are snapped together.

I have already snapped the upper torso parts together.
The pic of the lower torso shows a slotted pin that fits inside the upper. It doesn't look like it's going to just plug in.

I'm afraid I'm going to have ( find some way) to pull the upper torso halves apart......and it looks like a simple tug ain;t going to do it.

Am I pooched here? Has anyone built this figure the "wrong" way, been able to backtrack and correct the mistake?
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Re: Did I just screw up BAF Hulkbuster???

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Hey Ken...

I caught that JUuussst before I put it together...hopefully you'll be able to gently pry it open enough (on both sides, a little at a time) then put it in...its funny, this is the only BAF that didn't come with instuctions...

Hope this info helps you...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:59 pm

Good news--after reading your post, I thought I'd try to see if I could gently work the bottom set of pegs apart.
At first they wouldn't move, so I applied a bit more pull----<SNAP> the torso came apart clean--no damage to the pegs at all.

Now, to just get the remaining parts for this sucker and properly build it.
Last edited by Ken Davis on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Ken, it is a really great figure to get I highly recommend it. A word of caution after assembled though the torso joint is really tight so twisting it from side to side is not advised, at least in my case it is. I can move his ab crunch back and forth while twisting but it seems hard to do with just a side to side twist. So not to take a chance on it breaking I don't move him too much, besides he looks pretty darn cool just standing there LOL. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issues I am just wanted to warn you before that happens...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Mine is kind of twisted to the left slightly. I'be tried turn him but fear breaking the torso and it's not noticably bad enough to warrant trying.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Sounds like it's happening to all versions of of that lower torso...mine was twisted to the left as well but it's able to be worked out
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:29 pm

I did complete my Hulkbuster, and also found I had a twisted torso ( to the right) as well. I heated the part up, centred it and it'll stay that way from now on--not going to be moving it because it sure as heck is a weak point on the toy.

Another thing that I'm thinking might be worth the effort is some paint additions to the figure. It is missing paint app details all over, but noticeably missing some arc reactors. I think I'll see what someone else does paint-wise to this before going at it myself.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion