Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Universe Online

Shoot the breeze with your fellow gamers on all the cool games based on your favourite DC characters like Arkham Origins, Scribblenauts Unmasked, Infinite Crisis and my personal fave... DC Universe Online!

DC Universe Online

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:03 am

Did DCUO get better? A friend signed me up for beta and I tried it on the PC but man...I couldn't control the character whatsoever. Felt like a total gomer haha
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:27 am

Dude, DCUO is totally awesome. They've made sooo many add-ons since the beta like the Fight For the Light add-on that lets you become a Green or Yellow Lantern with construct powers. They also did a Lightning Strikes DLC which basically added another mini-city Central City and pretty much the entire roster of Flash Rogues. They also do seasonal events like Swamp Thing was featured in one and you had to fight Larfleeze and save Christmas. They're doing a War of the Light add-on soon that's apparently featuring new player types Blue and Red Lanterns. I can't wait. :batshock:

fight-for-the-light5.jpg

lightening_strikes_screenshot2.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DTW » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:47 am

I tried DCUO when it first hit, and I was not into it either. But I gave it another shot over the past few months, and it does feel much improved.

Some of the core problems I have with the game are still there--the overall aesthetic of the game bothers me, since everyone's character looks more like an old Image reject than a DC character, and I would rather just play it as one of the actual DC heroes.

That said, if you work on it you can get a fairly DCU-looking character made and it is just fun to run around in an open world where you can randomly run into Captain Cold in the streets.
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:59 am

Yeah, I also really got into the built-in PvP mini-game where you get to play as the different heroes. It gave the game a lot of replay value for me. I totally get the whole Image-reject vibe with some of the player made heroes, though. I think this is also thanks in part to the fact that the emblems they give you are mostly garbage or watered down versions of existing costumes, ie: Deathstroke's mask, robotic Batman helmet, etc. I mean seriously, you'd probably have an easier time recreating Liefeld and McFarlane's crackpot creations during Image's initial run as there's plenty of motorcycle fetish/cyborg parts to be had. I use the KISS principle when making my heroes or try to make them look like they could be from certain eras. :batgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:33 pm

You guys still play this? I got lifetime but I haven't touched it in a while. I was pretty addicted to it for a bit but gameplay is a bit repetitive.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:11 pm

I sure hope people still play this, haha! I've not gotten into it yet, but have been itching to try it since I first heard of it. The only thing that seems a downer for me is not being able to create characters visually close enough to the most mainstream of them (such as Green Lantern) but that doesn't stop my interest. If it's repetitive, at least I'll greatly enjoy the first unknown armload of hours, heh!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 pm

I signed into my game recently and none of my fellow league members are even playing this anymore but they keep releasing new DLC so I'll probably try playing again someday.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Return to DC Games