Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?????

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?????

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:02 pm

If you're a parent you've probably uttered those words before. If not, there's a chance your parents said that to you at least once.

I thought I'd start a topic for just discussing something you may've watched, read, heard, played, done, etc. Was it good? Awful? Just a thread for those things you might like to discuss but aren't necessarily deserving of their own thread (like Force Awakens will). Just one caveat, TRY TO AVOID SOILERS! Nobody likes to have things ruined for them so try to be considerate and if need be, use the handy dandy
Spoiler:
spoiler
tool.

Me? I just finished binge watching Jessica Jones the other day, doing 13 episodes in four nights. Really liked it. David Tennant was great. Never really heard of Krystin Ritter but I'm definitely a fan now. Think I may've liked it more than Daredevil. Anyone else watch the show?

Or read a recent comic? Or anything? C'mon, folks, allons-y!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?????

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:32 pm

Great topic...too tired to write anything of value (like I ever really do) but I will
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:08 pm

I just sent in a 5-page comic script to an anthology contest Mark Millar's holding. All properties of his - I went with Starlight, because it's the one book of his I've really liked. Also, probably fewer people will be submitting for that slot than the Kick-Ass and Hit Girl ones.

Been reading Elektra: Assassin and rereading the Miller/Janson Daredevil. So good.

Board game recommendation: Above and Below. Great atmosphere, fun game, tons of imagination.

Anyone else pledge the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Kickstarter?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Excellent..good luck man!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:54 pm

I look at those WWE Create a Figures all the time. Wish the darn things had an ab crunch. I try to keep track of the Diva figures coming out because one can never have enough female heads and hairs to choose from. For someone reason they're always a little on the ugly side. I bought the Elite Paige a while ago and she has a really mannish jawline. Funny thing is, the new Charlotte coming out, looks prettier than I think she is.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:34 am

I just got back from a vacation----28 days..........10,000+ km. Drove from Saskatchewan to Florida--via New Orleans, hopped on a cruise ship in Ft Lauderdale, sailed around the western Caribbean to Cozumel. Back at port, visited Disneyworld, Kennedy Space Space, and then drove up to Washington to visited one of the Smithsonian museums. Ate a LOT of fantastic food, met some wonderful people, saw some amazing things..........loads of now-cherished memories.
And I scored the two figures I needed to complete my ML Hulkbuster along the way to boot!
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:15 am

Awesome, Ken. The Romantic in me has always dreamed of driving cross-country. Sounds like a lifetime of memories. I can only imagine how much Force Awakens stuff Disney had out by now.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:45 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Awesome, Ken. The Romantic in me has always dreamed of driving cross-country. Sounds like a lifetime of memories. I can only imagine how much Force Awakens stuff Disney had out by now.

Actually, I was disappointed in what Disney had on sale for Star Wars stuff. Next to no Black Series figures.......unless you liked Finn, or Kylo Ren. Zero of their Elite series ( ?) die-cast figures. If you wanted the big Tie-Fighter, or the smart-phone controlled BB-8......sure, lots of those around. Not much else. Disney stuff is king in the parks, Star Wars is a distant second, Marvel stuff even more distant third and if you are lucky......Muppets comes in last. The sad thing is the repetition, EVERY store in the parks carries the same stuff......there's very little to no variations in what they stock, even if the land itself is different in theme. But I digress.

The other thing I learned is that travelling by road means a couple of things: you see a LOT of trees.......where there are trees, that is. In the flatlands..........yeah, open plains got way less trees, but not much else to see. The Intertstates are basically "tunnels".........sure, they got the sky above, and the road below, but either side is never-ending rows of oft-dense noise-abatement woods. Cannot see much beyond them, unless you get into built-up urban areas.

The trick is to not travel on the Interstates, but instead on the secondary highways. We did that in a few places--Arkansas for one, and it's a lovely state to see and drive through when not on the main thoroughfares.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm

I just went to Kmart. Kmarts fill me with sadness.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:59 pm

What did I just do? I just attempted to revive this thread. So what did someone else do?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions