Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Doctor Strange Marvel Legends Wave

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Doctor Strange Marvel Legends Wave

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:11 pm

From the Fwoosh boards, it may have been leaked...

Marvelousnews "sources" are reporting the rumored lineup to be:

- Iron Fist
- Dr. Strange
- Nico Minoru
- The Ancient One
- Brother Voodo
- Karl Mordo
- Dr. Strange (Movie)
- Dr. Strange Astral Form (Movie)

Thoughts? Astral Strange is probably some kind of variant, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mordo and Ancient One are the movie versions. That way Tilda Swinton's AO can be a 50-50 with Nico. Nico's a great surprise. New Iron Fist is a surprise - I would've expected Blade or Namor there, or even a new Surfer.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Doctor Strange Marvel Legends Wave

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm okay with this line-up, BUT, rather than Iron Fist--who may be intended to tie into a NETFLIX series look--I'd rather have seen another mystic--say........Shaman, from Alpha Flight.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Eh, will hold off until it's official, but that lineup is pretty underwhelming. Clea? Silver Surfer? Nighthawk? I know Doc doesn't have a large cast of well-known characters, but meh on these.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:36 pm

What about Wong? Now that would have been better than any of those in my book, not that they are good it's just Wong is Dr. Strange's version of Alfred and I think would have merited a figure first.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:16 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Eh, will hold off until it's official, but that lineup is pretty underwhelming. Clea? Silver Surfer? Nighthawk? I know Doc doesn't have a large cast of well-known characters, but meh on these.

I'm REALLY honestly surprised that Blade wasn't slotted in there. Really well-known character who fits well and they've been sitting on a modern Blade figure for a while now. Same with Namor, but he's probably gonna be in that X-Men wave they're doing.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another SDCC Strange set down the line, because I don't even think Ancient One or Mordo are gonna be the comic versions here. If there weren't three Stranges here I'd say it's setting us up for two waves.

If you ask me where I am here, I think it's a bad wave, but I'm so excited about Nico I don't even care.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:45 pm

Wonder what the BAF could be? Build-a-Wong.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:40 pm

The likely candidates...
Classic Dormammu
Man-Thing
Mindless One
Rintrah
Something from the movie we haven't seen?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:22 am

packerbacker180 wrote:Wonder what the BAF could be? Build-a-Wong.

EXACTLY what I was thinking... (he said sarcastically) :splol: :spwink:
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:09 am

So the word is that they dropped the Ancient One for another Enchantress figure (I'm guessing a repaint of the SDCC one). I'm assuming it was originally a Tilda Swinton movie one, because now they're doing the split between Enchantress and Nico. That makes sense - Ancient One seemed like a bad retail bet, and Enchantress will at least have a lot of sales from fans who didn't get the SDCC exclusive.

Also, I was kind of hoping for a classic Doc, but the comic one is just the Hulkbuster wave figure with a cape. At least my Malibu Stacy came with a new hat.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:38 am

Was that confirmed about Enchantress? I heard the rumor but never saw it confirmed but I was on a cruise lack week so keeping up with all the SDCC news was tough.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion