Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

One More Star Wars Black Series Figure

The toy line from a galaxy far far away! The section for fans of the movies, comics, vintage and modern toylines (Kenner, Hasbro Star Wars Black, etc), the Clone Saga, the WOTC miniatures game and more!

One More Star Wars Black Series Figure

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:20 pm

I know, I know, lists are boring sometimes. But I just binge watched all the SW movies and I've been in a Black Series mood the last few weeks, so I was thinking about what figures I'd like to see made still but there are soooooooo many background Star Wars characters that the line could go on forever (especially since it's not Mattel, lol).

So here it is, you get one more costume specific character per movie, and as an added bonus, even though I'm not super-familiar with it, one character from the Expanded Universe (TV, books, video games, etc.--yes, even Jaxxon). Feel free to include images, too! This was harder than I thought because, while I prefer Padme's look from ATOTC, I'd really want a Christopher Lee figure and he only appeared in ATOTC (at least until George Lucas redoes them in 20 years and puts Dooku in TPM). We're already getting A New Hope Luke and Leia eventually, and I thought Old Ben Obi-Wan was also revealed, but if I'm wrong with him than he'd be my obvious choice for ANH.

The Phantom Menace--Padme--meesa not want jar Jar? No, just no. Not my preferred look for Padme but it was her or Liam Neeson here. If I had to choose one Padme it'd be her white Leia-ish look from AOTC.
So I altered my own rules...PRAY I DON'T ALTER IT FURTHER! Or don't.

Attack of the Clones--Count Dooku

Revenge of the Sith--General Grievous

A New Hope--Grand Moff Tarkin

Empire Strikes Back--Lando--yeah, I want Dengar and the other bounty hunters, but Lando's Bespin look is the one I always liked as a kid

Return of the Jedi--going to cheat here and make an Ewok 2-pack of Wicket & Teebo, though Jedi was always my favorite movie for action figures and there are a lot I'd consider getting like Akbar, Nien Nunb, and some Royal Guards. Also still like my Build-an-Ewok idea--four figure wave each with an upper or lower body for an Ewok, that's two Ewoks per wave, plus more incentive to buy!

The Force Awakens--Captain Sidon Ithano--didn't know this guys name so I was calling him the "Devil Vader Mask Guy" but recently found out he's a pirate called Captain Ithano, the Crimson Corsair. I'd buy this guy in a second. At least he was in the movie, unlike Constapegwarmer Zuvio

Expanded U.--Mara Jade Skywalker--I don't really know much about the EU, but the two characters that stand out most to me are Mara, and recent Marvel addition, Aphra who looks pretty cool.

So that's 8 total figures which would be two waves by Hasbro's current standard, which could be 8 figure and four Ewoks with my BAE idea, lol.

Anyone else want to try?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: One More Star Wars Black Figure

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:21 pm

I have one, for now:

Mace Windu. The Jedi's baddest mo-fo.

Couple more:

Rebel Endor commando

B-Wing Pilot

Rebel Hoth soldier
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:27 pm

Honestly, the genetic Endor trooper was one of my favorite figures as a kid. But I don't think I'd want to pay $20 for one now, especially since I'd have to get two.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:38 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Honestly, the genetic Endor trooper was one of my favorite figures as a kid. But I don't think I'd want to pay $20 for one now, especially since I'd have to get two.

No, you'd have to get four.

Because they'd come with a clean-shaven head, and a bearded head, and a laser rifle, and a squad heavy laser weapon. ;)
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Yeah, but then I'd need rebels from ANH, and Hoth, and...slippery slope. That's why I'm not buying Resistance troopers our too many Stormtroopers. Just two OT and two TFA for me. But I kind of want the Poe from the Target two-pack so I might end up with 4 for TFA, lol. I've avoided all the other Clone Troopers, Snow Troopers, flame thrower Troopers, etc. Have to stop somewhere.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:07 am

Prequels: Count Dooku
Star Wars: Grand Moff Tarkin
RotJ: Ackbar!
Then I'd have someone make me custom Hammer Dracula and Van Helsing out of those two.

Force Awakens: Rey in her Resistance Gear

Expanded Stuff: Lumiya - I have the figure of her from the 2-pack, because she looks rad and her weapon is boss. Don't know much about her.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Bored so I'm refreshing this thread. Just about everyone I listed has been made or will be made besides Wicket and Mara Jade (working on that one myself) so it seemed like a refresher update with all the movies was in order...

Ep. 1 Aurra Sing

ep 2 Zam Wesell--sure there's lots o' Jedi in similar robes, but this design always caught my eye.

ep 3 Aayla Secura

ep 4 Ponda Baba (they've done a pretty good job covering must of the main characters already)

ep 5 Lobot

ep 6 Wicket

ep 7 Sidon effin Ithano

ep 8 ugh, no, I can't. I never want to see anything from here again.

ep 9 Nien Nunb (cheating a little, but eff it, would rather get two from a good movie! and he is in this)

Rogue One Bohdi Rook

Solo? Eh, can't even remember anyone else

I'll leave out the Mandalorian (too many to count) and all the cartoons and just stick with the movies for now. Anyone want to chime in?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Star Wars