Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

This line is known for its creative and often comic artist influenced sculpts featuring a figure catalog that spans from the Golden Age of DC Comics to the modern New 52. No era is off limits!

Re: Classic DC Icon 6" figures.

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Does the quality seem better? Of the few DCC figures I bought for fodder several had limbs breakoff rather easily like DC Direct used to.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:51 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Does the quality seem better? Of the few DCC figures I bought for fodder several had limbs breakoff rather easily like DC Direct used to.

It almost feels like a Import Japanese figure--the plastic is smoother and finer, if that makes sense.
Parts are sharper, not "safety-soft" as you'd find with a mainstream toy-line like DCUC.
The plastic and POAs seem better designed, but the joint are tight/stiff right out of the package. The ganged-hinges are holding, and there's no sway to them..........yet. I've not swapped the hands yet, but doing that will tell if the plastic is really any good.

Oh, last thing: the price of this figure was $32 cdn, at my LCS. That's a clear ouch. ML are $28 and DC Animated Batman figures are about $25. So, yeah.......ouch.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Webslinger » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:37 pm

They are kinda pricey in my area, I might buy a few here and there but that's about it.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:58 pm

I just picked up the Batman today...solid figure overall but was unhappy with the gauntlets being permanent (my fig has them facing outward and not underneath as they should be; COME ON DCC!), articulation is pretty good (no good forward kick movement) but otherwise everything is clean and precise (except for the size........::::::::::::::::)

Solid figure and I'm looking forward to the rest
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Picked up the Icons FLASH today.
I wanted the Cosmic Treadmill, but the figure itself is about darn near perfect EXCEPT FOR ONE THING:

He can't look up.

Had they given him better neck articulation, he'd be one of the best action figures ever done in this scale. The extra hands are nice, and there's really no other accessories NEEDED for this set ( of course there's always a few extra wants/wishes, but I digress....)
The treadmill is passable, albeit a bit small, for the DCUC Flash, which is what I expected. Both look excellent on it, in turn.
But really.........he's great........and I'm going to place him as the later Wally West Flash in with the Teen Titans that I have in DCUC, because I think he's probably a bit taller than the Kid Flash they have in the line-up.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:53 pm

I just can't invest in a different scale. If they were similar I could pick and choose and even grab some for fodder. But the size difference makes them completely ignorable for me. Which, considering the amount of extra DCUC figures and parts I already have laying around, is probably a good thing anyway. It's just funny that the first batch of DC Collectible figures were too big, and now these Icons are too small. Maybe the third porridge will work?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:34 pm

I'm cherry-picking the yin-yang outa this line.........which is to say I've bought only two and will be stopping at two for the foreseeable future. I, too, am adamant about not buying whole hog into another line like this. My two buys ( Batman and the Flash) were strategic, in a sense: Batman to see what these figures were like....and the Flash for the Cosmic Treadmill and to use the figure as Wally, if he was compatible enough. And he is.
Any other Icons figures will be case-by-case, but their scale issues are a definite buzz-killer for me too.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Yeah, disappointing because I was interested in the treadmill and GL for his plane construct, but, like I said, probably better in the long run for me not to be tempted.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:42 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Yeah, disappointing because I was interested in the treadmill and GL for his plane construct, but, like I said, probably better in the long run for me not to be tempted.

That treadmill, all things considered, could be built from scratch and made to a better scale in the process. I'm a lazy hobbyist so I compromised. :smlol: :batlol: :wwlol:
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:11 pm

New figures AND ACCESSORY SETS.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=25930
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to DC Direct/DC Collectibles