Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends Regrets?

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Marvel Legends Regrets?

Postby Ken Davis » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:05 pm

I took a look on Ebay today for the stuff to see what was current for pricing......and, well.............yeah...........regrets.

I missed out on:
Fin Fang Foom
Dragon Man
Super Skrull
Doc Samson
Kree warrior
Classic Valkyrie
A more classic Invisible Woman
Herbie the robot

Some of these are not too expensive, but some have gone through the roof. The first two on my list are insane priced.
I probably could have bit the bullet a few years ago, and snagged any/all of these for a 1/10th of what they are going for now, but still that would have been asking what I think is too much. C'est la vie.
Anyone else have similar regrets?
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Re: Marvel Legends Regrets?

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Working at Walmart at the time, I was pretty fortunate to get all the ToyBiz figures I wanted. When Hasbro took over I bought the first few waves but thought the quality went way downhill so I stopped collecting them. I don't regret missing many of those figures because most are too small or cheap, and the ones I really wanted I was able to pick up in trades with friends, But do wish I had Fin Fang Foom, but at the time didn't want to buy a bunch of Hulks to get him. And yeah, he goes for ridiculous prices now so I will probably never own him barring rerelease or a lottery windfall.

Back then I used to pick up stuff from Wally from TRD and he would grab stuff for me in his travels, and because of that I was able to get Super Skrull. But not Dragon Man. Puck and Blob are two others, but I can probably complete Blob for a relative cheap price eventually. Not so much with Puck.

Other figures like the Kree/Skrull soldiers, Dum Dum, and Valkyrie, I wouldn't mind getting but can live without.

And they've yet to make a good Sue Storm. But who has time when there's so many Caps and Iron Men to be made?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Cheers to you on that last comment PB...

I too could've snagged Foom at my closest Target for pennies what he's worth today...that is my only Legends regret as to how easy it was for me to get...I will get him eventually, but Fortress Maximus is above him on the list...damn you parents for not getting him for me as a kid!!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:04 pm

Oh for sure on Foom. Same with the Red Hulk wave, which I don't have a Rulk either but really hate the character anyway, so...
But that Rulk wave sat at Target for forever, and when they got down to $6 I bought Union Jack because I always wanted one, but the rest didn't interest me. Saw the Foom wave for a longtime too, but the idea of needing 8 figures, for of which were Hulks I didn't want, well, I just passed on that. Already had a Crusher Creel, and Doc Samson was the only really interesting figure. But he looks so tiny. All the Legends from back then just looked so cheap and small, I didn't want to waste money on subpar figures (ie: Mattels Movie/TV figures)

It's criminal how many really bad Sue's we've gotten. The only decent head was the skank MILF Sue, and who wants that? I've seen so many amazing Sue customs on the new ML bodies, I just hope they get to a new FF soon, but with the whole Fox/Marvel fiasco, I'm worried we won't. Either the blue and navy, or the Byrne era blue and white. Nothing else is acceptable IMO.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:06 am

The only Sue Storm I'd really go for would be the Weringo Sue from the boxed set. But then I'd have to get a Weringo Reed and Ben to go along with that style......and they aren't in classic costumes either. <sigh> It never does end.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:10 am

Eh. You're not missing anything. Those old MLs are gangly, and I hate the stylized face on Sue.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:48 am

Regrets? Sure I got plenty... As some of you know I was robbed a few years back. I lost almost all of my BaF/CnC figures along with close to 80% of my collection. I do still have my Fin Fang Foom as he was packed away at the time. I have managed to get some others replaced like the Red Hulk and the Green Hulk from the TRU 2 pack. But I still have a long way to go to replace a lot of my BaF from Marvel. It was a pain to track all those waves down when they were at retail and I agree the prices have gotten out of control on some of them. Hopefully Hasbro will eventually make a Fantastic Four wave along with some of the other stuff Toy Biz made back in the day, I would love to replace my Toad figure!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion