Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends 2016 Civil War wave from NYCC 2015

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:07 pm

NYCC 2015 – Marvel Legends 6 Inch at Hasbro Preview Night
Here are the Marvel Legends 6″ Scale figures they had on display at the Hasbro Preview Night Event at New York Comic-Con 2015.

Captain America
Axis Red Skull Onslaught
Mockingbird
Taskmaster
Whirlwind
Sharon Carton (Agent 13)
Rogue
Cottonmouth
Scourge of the Underworld

Marvel Legends Civil War Official Images NYCC
Check out official images of the Marvel Legends 2016 Civil War wave from NYCC 2015.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Marvel Legends 2016 Civil War wave from NYCC 2015

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:28 pm

So the word from Hasbro is that Rogue's in a different, possibly X-based wave, which is also where the Onslaught head goes. I'm really hoping for a modern Rogue, which I'd much rather see, but obviously the Lee costume is a pretty big want for people.

That Sharon Carter is totally boss. Great work there. And I don't have much interest in Cottonmouth, but man is that face sculpt great.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Gosh, those sure are nice looking. Cottonmouth makes me happy because it opens up the possibility of a Diamondback down the road. Nice to see more villains.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:53 pm

I found these today, Sharon Carter, Mockingbird, Cottonmouth and Whirlwind, one of each on the pegs.
Now here's the thing......I found them at London Drugs--a Canadian retail chain that is notoriously inconsistent with getting toys in.
Oh, they always seem to have toys in the stores that have a toy aisle, and they can be a place to get stuff that vanishes elsewhere much earlier ( Winter Soldier wave Black Widows were easiest to find here, AND were discounted to boot) , BUT......finding NEW stuff there is very hit or miss.
Toys R Us or Walmart do not have these figures as yet.
That and these figures were $5 cheaper than anywhere else: $19.99.
I'm not interested in the Onslaught BAF, and the four figures I found were exactly the ones I was most interested in getting from this wave.

Yeah, I'm happy.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:23 pm

That's hilarious that smaller shops are getting new figures before the large chains...now that being said, I saw the entire wave (sans Rogue) at the Rapids Walmart a few weeks ago...only bought the Scourge guy for custom
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 pm

On another note, haven't seen them since...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:On another note, haven't seen them since...

I have a gut-feeling that, in a couple of months, these are going to be found everywhere--to the point of peg-warming.
They are still excellent figures, but I suspect that there's too many obscure or C-list characters for most people to jump on board.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:00 pm

My TRUs have a ton of these, though more Caps than the others. Worried he'll become the next TRU Hawkeye and just languish in bunches. I have them all now besides Taskmaster, hate that look and could care less about the Red Skull head. I didn't buy Cap the first few times I saw him, I'm sort of Capped out at this point, but a Walmart I stopped at had these markeddown to $15, so I finally bought Cap and an extra Mockingbird. This is the same Wally that still has an Ult Goblin Electro and boatload of Hulkbuster wave figures at full price, so go figure.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:27 pm

The frequent rule of thumb for toy stock appearance at retail is whatever the USA gets, Canada gets it 3 to 6 months later.
Unless somehow the first wave of product ordered is sent to Canada BEFORE the USA because it's the smaller portion of the order.
Or sometimes we are dang lucky. And sometimes we have no luck at all.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:49 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:My TRUs have a ton of these, though more Caps than the others. Worried he'll become the next TRU Hawkeye and just languish in bunches. I have them all now besides Taskmaster, hate that look and could care less about the Red Skull head. I didn't buy Cap the first few times I saw him, I'm sort of Capped out at this point, but a Walmart I stopped at had these markeddown to $15, so I finally bought Cap and an extra Mockingbird. This is the same Wally that still has an Ult Goblin Electro and boatload of Hulkbuster wave figures at full price, so go figure.

That's a weird Wally. Mine never got in much of the Hulkbuster wave - they're still sitting on the Odin wave, and might've skipped Hulkbuster on their way to CA:CW (or got in like one case and sold through). Tempted on the Scarlet Witch. I don't know the character too well (was never an Avengers fan - too much interpersonal drama in that book), but she'd fit with my Dr. Strange and Satana. But I might just wait for the movie one and pretend she's from The Craft instead.

I'd imagine Cap will start selling through once the movie gets closer. I've definitely noticed plenty of Caps at my TRU, although he did sell out at my Wal-Mart.

I'll probably pick up that Taskmaster. I like the look and I need mooks. I'll probably set up Taskmaster, Scourge, Madame Masque, and a bunch of WWE Spec Ops figures in my eeeeevil merc lineup.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion