Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Superhero Girl Dolls - Barbie Like?

This area is for DC related collectibles that do not fall under the above categories. This includes things like Minimates, Squinkies, Hot Toys, Figuarts, Funko POP vinyls, statues, props, boardgames, etc.

DC Superhero Girl Dolls - Barbie Like?

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:51 am

The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Re: DC Superhero Girl Dolls - Barbie Like?

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:54 am

These dolls are geared for the 4-8 years old and after that ... no kid after the age of 8-11 would be interested in these dolls and having said that ... I think they did not do their research very well. They appeared to be more Barbie-Like and that's why I feel it's attracts girls under the age of 8.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:10 pm

There's also a series of 6-inch action figures attached to this line, which I presume is for the 9-12 year old demo. Not to mention that the Barbie hook is buying one doll and then multiple accessory and clothing sets. This has a more action figure team-building mentality.

Also, these will probably get adult female collector crossover, just as Monster High does.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:25 pm

My girls are in love with he 6" figures...too bad that doll playset will be pricey
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:15 am

Katana figure shown at SDCC, and an Invisible Jet! I heard there was a Starfire doll confirmed. They didn't really have much at the show, but I'm guessing they probably just care about vendor-oriented shows like NY Toy Fair for this line.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 pm

I got in the SDCC exclusive Katana doll! I'll have pictures up soon, this is really a thing of beauty. Immediately one of the coolest figures in my collection.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to Miscellaneous DC Related Collectibles