Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:39 am

I think Finn's gonna be in NXT for awhile now, especially since it's an intermittently touring brand. He's the face of it, although now that Aries is there maybe they've got a new potential head face. I was at the show in Albany tonight, and Austin got a massive reaction. Still though, he's not yet as marketable as Balor's demon gimmick.

Great, great house show, by the way. Match lineup:
Asuka vs. Eva Marie - Asuka won with the Asuka lock, and all was right with the world. Great opener choice - Asuka was crazy over, Eva Marie might've gotten the most heat of the night, and it was an energetic match with Asuka leading Eva Regal-style through some wrestling sequences. Eva's heelin' pretty well now, but she's still crap in the ring and can't sell well. Definitely hasn't developed the way Dana Brooke or Alexa Bliss have.

Apollo Crews vs. Alex Riley - Straightforward match, extended squash for Apollo. He looked great, Riley was okay. Apparently previous shows on this tour had Riley vs. Sami Zayn, I guess they're switching up the card as they go.

Carmella vs. Peyton Royce - Fun little comedy match playing off Peyton's flower gimmick. Brilliant spot: Carmella takes the flower and when Peyton begs for it back, she throws it up in the air and small packages Peyton as she tries to catch it. I would've loved that as the finish, but they went with Carmella's STO into headscissors combo. Carmella's getting better and she's really connecting with the fans now. I think that Enzo/Cass/Carmella vs. Blake/Murphy/Bliss feud made her a permanent face with the NXT crowd.

Enzo & Cass vs. The Vaudevillains - Enzo & Cass got a tremendous reaction tonight. Nice, long tag match with an extended heat sequence on Enzo and a lot of fake-outs and hope spots. Really nice job of listening to the crowd - they drew it out until there was an absolute crescendo for the big tag. Vaudevillains played heels here, and are damn good at it, especially English. Killer condescending expressions. Gotch is probably more natural as a face, but put him up against a smaller dude like Enzo and he's a great power heel.

Sami Zayn vs. Elias Samson - This was probably a better choice for Sami than Riley, because the crowd got to mess with Samson during his pre-match guitar playing by singing Sami's theme and Olé chant at him. A little meandering, because Samson couldn't really keep up with what Sami was building, but he's got a good heel gimmick and that's carrying him along well enough.

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss - Huge reaction for Bayley, of course. Fun, fun match. Great heelin' by Alexa, who's really looking better in the ring. Much smoother and her moveset's developing. Bayley's level of confidence is up every time I see her, but she's never let it hurt how approachable and likable she is. And man, she sells so well.

Main Event: Finn Balor & Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe & Baron Corbin - Great match. Tons of energy and crazy sequences. The fans won't totally accept Joe as a heel, but he did a pretty good job of shutting down their cheers. Corbin's turning into an awesome heel. Finn's got crazy presence, just totally commands the ring. Austin was surprisingly good as a face-in-peril. I'm so used to him being a jerk heel, but he's great at developing face momentum, and he killed it during the heat segment - more aggressive during the hope spots than a classic Ricky Morton type, but he's got impeccable timing, so when he gets cut off, you feel it.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:55 pm

I quit watching Pro Wrestling ... and having said that I miss the good ole days wrestling in the 70's to the early 90's.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:08 am

Roman Reigns, blah.

Austin Aries is such a great heel but it's hard to start him out that way so I can't wait for the heel turn. NXT is so much better than most of the WWE. If it weren't for Ambrose and Styles there wouldn't be much to tune into every week since they constantly misuse guys like Dolph, Wyatt, and even Barrett I thought should've got a bigger push. I thought his Bad News gimmick could've worked with more time, but I guess he's leaving when his contract is up now.

Really, while I appreciate everything they've done in their careers, guys like Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, etc. need to go away and stop wasting roster spots. It just worries me that it'll only get worse once Cena and Orton return. This is what, the third straight Mania where the WWE has really missed the mark with what the fans wanted for the main event. Reigns twice, and Bluetista before that.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:01 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Even so, I tentatively stopped watching wrestling ... I still watch Lucha Underground on a weekly basis. Here's some rumors of potential mergers:

Global Force Wrestling headed by Jeff Jarrett is thinking of acquiring TNA Impact from Dixie Carter and hopefully will this new promotion will challenge WWE.

New Japan Pro Wrestling is thinking about combining with Ring of Honor and form a JAPAN/USA alliance to combat WWE.

I can see WWE Raw and WWE Smackdown splitting apart and hopefully the Attitude Era returns soon. That's would be cool if WWE did this. WWE needs Shane McMahon badly.

Lucha Underground is gaining in popularity and right now Dario Cueto just acquired Rey Mysterio to join his organization and hopefully he will add more wrestlers in months to come.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:08 pm

I like Lucha Underground. There's some decent talent there and I like the way they build storylines more than other promotions.

Who's excited for WrestleMania and the Roman reigns coronation? I'm actually looking more forward to NXT tonight. Should be much better then WM IMO. Better card at least. Not that the WM card is bad, just not looking forward to HHH/Reigns. Kind of hope Taker/Shane doesn't get too crazy like Sting/HHH last year with everyone and the kitchen sink getting involved. Though I admit when the match was first announced I had visions of Mankind coming through the ring to attack Taker and then Kurt Angle driving a milk truck down to the ring to attack Shane, lol. I think I'd be okay with that.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:21 am

To quote Joey Styles, oh my god...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:45 am

Global Force Wrestling - Jeff Jarrett

I avoid his web-site because of one of his links that forces you to watch a 7 minutes video regarding Gold ...

http://globalforcewrestling.com/

It's at the bottom of their web page here.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=global%20force%20gold

Warnings of Global Force Gold

There are so many web-sites warning people that this program Global Force Gold is a rip-off and consider a PONZI Scheme and that's one of many reasons that I don't trust him at all. I had friends investigated this and they all told me that this is worst examples of Professional Wrestling that I ever heard and I'm avoiding Global Force Wrestling for good.

Jeff Jarrett is a bad guy and not to be trusted.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:49 am

And, I'm not going watch his promotion when it's gets a cable deal here in United States and stay with Lucha Underground and by the way, I stopped watching both WWE and TNA Wrestling for good.

The only Wrestling Promotion that I watch is Lucha Underground on Wednesdays.

I hate Global Force Wrestling because of Jeff Jarrett.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Chyna Dead

She died unexpectedly at the age of 46 and I was stunned by her passing today and she was the first Women Intercontinental Champion having won that title on two separate occasions. I was sad to hear this in the internet today and she was a pioneer in Women Wrestling of being the first woman ever compete with men. Her feuds with Chris Jericho were legendary.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc